HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/109525-4th-annual-proud-what-you-shoot.html)

PABowhntr 08-19-2005 05:19 PM

4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot

As with the other two posts this is another annual one that usually begs repeating. Be it a 4 point, 6 point, "management 8" or a beautiful doe, be proud of what you take. Don't be afraid that others will look down on you "just because it is a y-buck" or "just because it is a doe". Each and every animal we harvest is a trophy in the hunter's eyes and should be treated with respect andcongratulations.

Good luck to all of you and be proud of the animals you are fortunate enough to take this season.

Buck Magnet 08-19-2005 05:37 PM

RE: 4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot

Amen Frank, don't let an arrow fly if your gonna be ashamed of your harvest. Heck, I would probablly have another pic of me smiling over a doe this year if someone at the post office didn't rip the corner of my application envelope open and tear the number off my check [:'(]

hoyt3 08-19-2005 05:59 PM

all animals taken with a bow are trophies.

Hunter06FlKy 08-19-2005 06:05 PM

ORIGINAL: hoyt3

all animals taken with a bow are trophies.
any animal taken with any weapon should be considered a trophy. but even moreso with a bow.

WVBowhunter10 08-19-2005 06:08 PM

You guys are exactly right and I intend on filling every tag that I have this year with a trophy.

rtread 08-19-2005 06:27 PM

Thanks PABowhntr! If I'm lucky enough to get a deer this season it will be a trophy for sure....being this is my first year to bowhunt. I've shot nice deer gun hunting but taking one with a bow will be a big deal for me. I'll post a picture for sure on here ....unless I gut shoot one of them deformed spikes....

pass_threw 08-19-2005 07:19 PM

that soundsright to me, being i`m a meat eater i will show everyone i take.
proud of them all.

PT

DaveC 08-19-2005 07:33 PM

Amen to that.
I wish more people would understand that in some woods a 120" is a trophy, in others it's a dink. I say set the bar according to thedeer in your area.
A mature doe at the end of the CRIMSON trail is the best trophy of all.

rybohunter 08-19-2005 08:51 PM

Yea this deal goes both ways, if you are happy as can be, with the deer you shot, be proud and don't worry of the size. But if you truly aren't content with what you shot, don't shoot it just to say you did.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-20-2005 05:48 AM

As always Frank, A fantastic read....