Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arm & Hammer Detergent and Deodorant >

Arm & Hammer Detergent and Deodorant

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arm & Hammer Detergent and Deodorant

Old 08-15-2005, 05:06 PM

Default RE: Arm & Hammer Detergent and Deodorant

I fill a old sock up with baking soda and leave it in the container with all my hunting clothes in it. Once I dress at my hunting site, I use the sock to powder myself down on more time. A little pinch for the breath after showering down with it doesnt hurt either.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

The only problem I have with the grocery store "free" detergents is that every brand's label that I have ever read indicates that they contain whiteners, or brighteners. Based upon my own personal experiance, I don't care to wash any of my hunting clothes with UV brighteners. At least not the clothes that would be exposed to a deer's eye.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

So if one wasn't going to use the actual detergent, how much baking soda would you add to your typical amount of water for a load of nothing but your hunting clothes? Can anyone help me out on whether or not I can use unscented drier sheets as well?
Old 08-16-2005, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

I use common baking soda in the wash all the time. IMO, 1/2 cup is plenty. I really don't know about the dryer sheets. When I have to use the dryer on hunting clothes, I clean the lint out and run the dryer empty on high for 5 minutes before putting the clothes in. Theperfumes from detergents and softeners really don't adhere to the metal surfaces of the dryer.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:34 AM
Bartender

http://www.fastestbows.com/articles/corrigan/scent_elimination_sprays.html

Peak
Old 08-16-2005, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't used it but I have used the HS Scents powder and found it to be very effective. Several of my buddies wash their cloths in A and H baking soda so I cannot see why the detergent version would not work just as well.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 AM

Illini Sportsman, I think you would be fine doing that. Maybe you could throw some dirt and leaves - or whatever is in your hunting area - in a garbage bag and put your clothese, once dry, in there with them for some homemade natural scent cover? This is what I did last year and I don't think I ever got winded.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use my dryer all the time to dry my clothes, have for a couple of years now in combination with the baking soda. You'll find that the baking soda does such a good job of absorbing scent that even if you put a fresh earth dryer sheet in with them, they will still come out scent free!!! Try it. Therefore, I don't worry about the air thats in my dryer, I know my clothes will be scent free when they are done.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

So HAZCON7, you're saying if you've washed them in the baking soda, it doesn't matter if you use regular static sheets and dry them?
Old 08-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I don't know that I'd go so far as to use regular static sheets. I wouldn't risk the strong perfume scent.Or did you mean regular unscented? That would probably be alright.

Quick Reply: Arm & Hammer Detergent and Deodorant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.