Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 price of gas- will it affect your season? >

price of gas- will it affect your season?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

price of gas- will it affect your season?

Old 08-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default price of gas- will it affect your season?

im already cutting down on my scouting trips and plan to hunt closer to my home this year. my yearly trips to other states will probably be reconsidered also. im still gonna hunt but my eye is on the gas pump.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: price of gas- will it affect your season?

Gas is around $2.49 a gallon here for the cheap stuff! Definetly reconsidering some of the 40 mile one way hunting trips, and also a fall vacation. [&:]
Old 08-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same here guys better planning,fewer trips,changed both of my
vacation weeks to the end of nov.and christmas week,glad I
kept my little Dakota and didnt get the 4 wheel drive I was look
ing at,still getting my new four wheeler so lucked out there,good
luck this coming season!

Old 08-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thankfully not too much.

I hunt public land here and it is almost across the street.

The tahoe still sucks up gas when traveling at slow speeds in first or second gear on the hilly dirt roads though.

I was at the gas pump today. When I pulled in the price was 2.36 for regular.[&:] As I was pumping the attendant changed the sign to 2.45 for regular.[:@] I'm glad I got there when I did.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:31 PM

Absolutely! I cannot afford $120 a weekend to go hunting. Gonna stay closer to home this year, and not as many trips south. Man, does this stink!!
Old 08-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I tend to plan later than some , and the fuel prices have caused me to reconsider traveling to a large degree . I've already cancalled most of what I wanted to do this Summer and Fall , and not just hunting related trips . The prices have already killed many of the Summer plans that my wife and Ihad .
Old 08-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It will effect everyone in some manner. It went up this morning to $2.59 here. Last weekend it was $2.38 here.[:@]
Old 08-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think it will impact my season much at all. Though it does impact my decision to buy a truck. [&:]
Old 08-12-2005, 07:42 PM

I live in Nevada and haven't drawn a deer tag for 3 yrs. Did draw cow elk though during 2 of those years, not this yr. I have to travel in every case since I live in the armpit of the state--Las Vegas. For elk its 4 hours one way which is not to bad. I put in for a deer tag in my old area when I lived in Reno this yr which was 2 1/2 hrs away then, piece of cake. Now its about 9 hours away and I am looking at spending $125 one way. Thats what it takes to fill my truck and I hold 58 gallons of gas. It sucks!! But if I want to hunt I have to pay the price and will do so. A bad day hunting is better than the best day doing anything else and I won't miss it.

On another note I really need to move......this place is killing me slowly but surely...
Old 08-12-2005, 08:08 PM

Luckily most of my hunting places arent to far from here, so it wont effect me much. However, since i start college this year and i have to drive to campus every day, that may cut out some of my out of town trips. Ill definatly not be without hunting this year though, if i have to find a bike or something.

Quick Reply: price of gas- will it affect your season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.