Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 price of gas- will it affect your season? >

price of gas- will it affect your season?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

price of gas- will it affect your season?

Old 08-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: price of gas- will it affect your season?

no it wont effect my hunting season at all although i have cut back on buying alot of extra things that i was planning on getting
Old 08-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

it shouldn't affect my deer hunting since i hunt pretty much close to home when i'm in ky. i don't deer hunt in florida unless i go with someone else. it has though affected my turkey and hog hunting. even though the place i go is only about 15-20 miles from my house. but my old f150 doesn't get that great gas mileage in town but it doesn't do too bad on the highway. haveing to pay for gas has cut down on stuff i buy for hunting. gas prices have caused my mom and i to not go to ky as much so therefore i have to condense my scouting but i'll actually get to hunt more than i ever have up there this year. good lord i can't wait!!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 08:58 AM

im thinking about getting a horse and buggy. these prices suck a$$!
Old 08-13-2005, 09:14 AM

its easier for my dad and me to go hunting cause when we take our yearly trip we buddy up in a truck with our huntin buddy so gas money is split between 3 people so its more affordable.i have a jeep with some big tires on it that i drive and it doesnt get the best mpg ratio but i hunt close to home my hunting spot during the week is bout 5 miles away from the house, my weekend spot is bout 20 miles away so its minial, even if gas prices got to the point were i couldnt drive a car id ride a bicycle to my spot with my bow or rifle strapped to my back man thatd be a sight. but hunting is such a big part of me and my life that i wouldnt let gas prices affect my season theres always away to get around it. 1shot
Old 08-13-2005, 09:26 AM

The price of gas could be $10.00 a gallon and I'll still be hunting. I own 80 acres in SW Iowa and 70 of it is prime deer habitat. All I have to do is get up, shower, dress, grab my bow and head out the front door. A quick 3 minute walk and I'm at my first treestand. Or a 15 minute walk and I'mup on the back 40. And I bought this farm 7 years ago for $52,000.00. My problem is my job is 62 milesaway from here. I carpool with my stepson and another guy and it still costs us $50.00 a week in gas.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

just another thought. if i put an aggressive tred tire on a 35 mile to the gallon hyundia car with some air shocks and throw an alluminum hitch hauler on the back for carrying the deer i will be stylin
Old 08-13-2005, 10:52 AM

iam pretty lucky onespot is 10min. away or i can go in the back of my yard, or another spot is 15-20min. away
Old 08-13-2005, 03:05 PM

This gas price thing sucks[:'(] I think it is ridiculous and I look for the American people to put their foot down sooner or later. I think we should be getting our oil for free from these dang middle east countries that are in debt to us anyway. It will probably not affect my hunting trips any but will probably cut down on my scouting trips prior to the opener. It went up today here in MO to $2.49 a gallon. It might also be a blessing in disguise maybe all these dang naturalist will let up and we will explore opportunities for our own oil or even speed up the progress on alternative fuel sources. We don't need to be so reliant on other countries for fuel sources. Just my 2cents
Old 08-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt close to home anyway. I don't like to putmuch money into the corparate greed sess pool than I have to. I've been staying home much more and try not to drive unless I have to.

If everyone stuck together we could see fuel prices drop to a buck a gallon. Stop driving, walk, bicycle car pool, public transit. The oil fat cats would be begging us to buy oil!

Old 08-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got back from vacation and we now pay over a dollar per LITER in Ontario, so thats a little less than 4 bucks a US gallon. My hunt camp is 3 hours away and I will go as often as I can. I will find somewhere else to save money.[:@]

Quick Reply: price of gas- will it affect your season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.