Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 price of gas- will it affect your season? >

price of gas- will it affect your season?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

price of gas- will it affect your season?

Old 08-12-2005, 08:26 PM

Default RE: price of gas- will it affect your season?

me, my dad, and 2 uncles all have a 50 mile trip to the land and then a 50 mile trip back home again at the end of the weekend. gas is about 2.59 or 2.63 here is WI today. i dont think it will affect any of us.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:36 PM

I don't know what kind of bike you are talking about but I'll strap that bow case on the V-Twin in a heartbeat. 46 mpg.Can't beat those snake boots for riding anyway. lol
Old 08-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Only the scouting trips. The OPEC (or however it is spelled) coalition could charge $120 a barrel and it wouldn't keep me one day from being in the woods...

...even if I had to ride my mountain bike with my treestand strapped to my back and the bow strapped to the handlebars!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:00 PM

Well I only have about a 15 min. drive from school to where I hunt and can only hunt two nights a week, so I shouldn't have to change much. We might as well get used to it...it doesn't seem like gas prices are coming down anytime soon. The price of deer meat is on the rise.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:10 PM

YES, we used to run traps everyweekend and make one trip durring the week, now we MIGHT make a trip up on saturday. gas killin my JEEP. 18gal tank x 2.49a gal. = $45 and it takes a tank for a round trip.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:29 PM

Well iam planning on hunting less, i have too travel at least 40 miles just too hunt public land and my honey hole is about 1.5 hrs, Iam not sure if i even make it down there this year, Ya know what really gripes me about this gas price jumping so much, is that every other day they have another excuss why they had too raise it, its going too coast us all in everything we do or want, I think its about time these politicans did something, hell do they even pay for there gas,i think there shuttled around the country on are dime? I think its time we took a good look at are politicans and vote for someone thats like us below average income, the person that has walked the walk. Iam sorry to get so hot about this iam just sick of the whole gas thing..........
Old 08-12-2005, 09:48 PM

We'll probably just make plans to "truckpool" to the farm instead of everybody just heading down when they are ready. I guess we should have been doing this anyway.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, it probably will.... I have been toying with the idea of taking a trip to KY or OH this season for a nice out-of-state hunting trip, but with the gas prices the way they are, I am reconsidering.

I even have to limit my scouting time too, which really bites the big one. [:'(]
Old 08-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not in the least...I hunt pretty much close to home, I'll hunt the exact same way I have in the past....I just hope this new Titan doesn't burn it like the former Dodge did...[&:]
Old 08-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a 05' F-150 extended cab....27 gallon tank, and about 15-16mpg around locally.....around the same on the interstate....maybe 1 mile per gallon better.

The gas was around 2.35 a gallon last week...but like i said earlier it's up there. The gas won't effect my hunting too much, but does hender vacation type plans and activities.

Quick Reply: price of gas- will it affect your season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.