Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many hunters fish as well? >

How many hunters fish as well?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
96.47%
No
3.53%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

How many hunters fish as well?

Old 08-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many hunters fish as well?

I live and grew around the chesapeake, so fishing is part of my life. Been fishing since i can remember. Got a boat, love to catch stripers, and back water fishing for bass and whatnot. But ive been hunting since i was 5. I will say that i spend more time hunting than fishing. Between, bow season, and the great goose and duck hunting my area offers my hunting time adds up quickly. Waterfowling isalso a passionand i plan to put down the 12 gauge and use my stick and string this year!!! I'll post the picks when i stick one. But bowhunting for deer surpasses them all.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Been fishing as long as I can remember. Only the last couple years have I been more excited about deer hunting. I'm just thankful for seasons, otherwise I'd have a heck of a time juggling both
Old 08-12-2005, 07:36 AM

Much to my wife's dismay.......I hunt, fish, camp(with the family)....I love being in the outdoors.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Fishhhhhhhh,

Yessssss, I must admit I'm a salt water dog deep sea!! If I take up another hobby my wife may pull my trump card..lol
Old 08-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

I am like Matt/Pa. I guided here in Oregon for five years on the big fish water we have here. FFF casting instructor and I tied for all the local shops. Now I am out of school and have a real job and no time to guide. I still love to throw line though.

P.S. that is a native trout in my avatar cought 10min from my house in the lake. They grow them big here.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I fish probably more than I hunt. I live in an apartment complex with 3x large stocked ponds, about 10 acres total of water. I fish probably 3x a week there.

I also grew up in central Vermont. I have fished some of the best trout streams on the east coast and have been fortunate enought to catch many native browns and rainbows in the 3-5lb range. A lot of the best places I know make the Battenkill look like horrible fishing...... I fly fish, tie my own, attended many orvis events in Manchester, VT and have fished all up and down the east coast as well. I have been fortunate enough to fish in every state in New England except for Rhode Island, and also Maryland, PA, Delaware, NY etc. I regularly fish for trout, bass, pike, walleye, catfish, carp, whatever is swimming around when I have time to go...... As soon as I get this whole marriage and buying a house thing over will and financially recover, I will be buying a boat. Can't wait..
Old 08-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

I fish all summer long....... with a bow.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:27 AM

It goes without saying! I pretty much follow the same schedule as RedAllison.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love off-shore fishing and bass fishing as well. I think it takes a hunter to make a goodbass fisherman because your hunting the bass in structures, ect. I enjoy throwing a lure out and and not know if its a dink or 10 pounder when I set up.
Bobby
Old 08-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love to stalk those rising trout with fly rod in hand along the banks of the river. I think it's a lot like hunting because you specifically target individuals that you can see and you gotta be sneaky. Been fishin and huntin since I can remember. I do miss the smallmouth bass as there are not too many opportunities for them around here.

Quick Reply: How many hunters fish as well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.