Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 When do you hang your stands >

When do you hang your stands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When do you hang your stands

Old 08-11-2005, 06:08 AM

Default RE: When do you hang your stands

When I used to use a hang on I would hang it a month early. After having two stands taken from the woods(they were locked by cable lock)i went the climber route. I may get a hang on again this year. One of those you can leave the bracket in a tree and just bring the stand in and hang it.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:54 AM

I here ya, before i got private property i had 3 stands stolen,Man how can someone steel a stand, Thats like taken flowers from a grave(oh ya we got that here).well i'll prbably hang some in the next week or two and get some lanes cleared as well, Just wish it would cool down some.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

soon
Old 08-11-2005, 08:55 AM

The earlier the better..IMO You will definately be making noise, leaving some scent regardless of how scent free you try to be and usually cutting shooting lanes. With a few months before the season starts it will give the deer time to adapt to any newchanges.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually hang them in July, Aug or early Sept. At least 1 mo before the season. Although I do still have 2 hanging from last year Been too busy to get to them. []I guess I'll hunt them again this season, at least once so I can get them down.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:41 AM

I have 4 ladder stands and four hang ons all locked,and I leave them up all year, just remove the cushions.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:00 AM

Me, my dad, and 2 uncles will usually hang our satnds about 3 weeks before opening weekend of bow season. we hunt on private land so we dont really have to worry somebody messing with them. We figure that we get in there and stir up the woods enough that we should do it a few weeks before. let the scents go away and such.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO i would say the earlier the better. I like to hang them about a month before the season starts. My season starts Sept. 10th and i have about 3/4 of my stands hung already and will hang the rest in the next week. It gives the deer time to get used to the area. I dont think that they know a stand is there, but you will be making noise when you hang the stand and cutting in shooting lanes, as well as bringing in unwanted scent into the area.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be hanging two up today (and trimming lanes).I have two up already. And I will hang the rest in previous spots (no trimming needed) in another month orso.

Oh, my season starts on Octiber 15th.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to hang them by April. Sometimes I can't get enough time to do so. If that's the case I like to at least have them in by the end of August, that way everything can sit for a month before I'm back there.

Quick Reply: When do you hang your stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.