HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Are these deer tracks? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/108449-these-deer-tracks.html)

zak123 08-10-2005 02:38 PM

Are these deer tracks?

I was walking through the woods looking for a new deer spot, when I stumbled upon these tracks. They are all over this area. I found a spot about two hundred yards away. This may be my new spot, but I cannot confirm that as of yet.

The quality of the pictures is not very good, and I appologize for that. I also enlarged the pictures. That would be the only way you would be able to see the detail.

Here are some pictures of the spot I am considering hunting:

As you can tell, I am not very good at taking pictures! :DThe area I am planning on hunting is in a pine tree forest. The pine trees were planted in rows, which should work on my side. I found a nice sized pine tree to climb up in. I will take more, and better, pictures the next time I am out there.

supaarcher 08-10-2005 02:41 PM

RE: Are these deer tracks?

Im not sure, its hard to tell but if I had to guess I would say those look like holes from some type of a varmint, squirrel's, a skunk, something like that digging in the needles. But thats just my guess...

zak123 08-10-2005 02:43 PM

That is what I thought too.

hunttones 08-10-2005 02:52 PM

Look for droppings in the area. I have seen trails that looked that way this time of year. Follow it a littleways and look for a concentration of droppings old and new. You find that, you find the deer.

TimberCreek 08-10-2005 03:03 PM

I believe it to be baby Yeti tracks (bigfoot)!:DHard to tell by the pics. Could be deer and could be holes rabbits make in grass. If there are imprints in the dirt then they are giant rabbits or deer.

cardeer 08-10-2005 05:03 PM

Let everyone make fun. they are doe tracks. If she is a hottie a buck will follow.then post the pics .Good luck

zak123 08-10-2005 05:40 PM

I went out tomy land today to scout a little bit more.I am sure some of those tracks are from possum and armadillo. I will go out there Saturday and set up some trip wire to see if there are any deer in the area. Hopefully there are.

DJanes1 08-10-2005 05:40 PM

Do you have any hogs in your area, looks like the tracks they've been leaving on my property.

TeeJay 08-10-2005 05:45 PM

I would say a skunk grubbing...tis the season

zak123 08-10-2005 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: DJanes1

Do you have any hogs in your area, looks like the tracks they've been leaving on my property.
I haven't seen any hogs, but there may be some. I really doubt the tracks werecreated by hogs.

Also, I was wondering if it would scare the deer to tie a trip line. If I would take thread, wire, powerlines (most likely thread) and set it up 2' between trees, I would be able to tell if a deer walks through the area. Won't the deer just consider the line a spider web?