Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's still shooting aluminum? >

Who's still shooting aluminum?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's still shooting aluminum?

Old 08-07-2005, 03:33 PM

Default RE: Who's still shooting aluminum?

2315 alum. one word CHEAP and i like the extra wieght if i fighured the componets right they are 552gr.
if they dont hit like a semi i dont care for them
Old 08-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have to mail order them tho but that dont bother me. I just dont wait till I need them NOW.
Good plan, Leverdude. Doesn't ever seem to work out that way for me. I look in the quiver and see I've still got five shooters, so I put it off. I can go for months on five arrows! Then one day I go to the range and have a bad day, and suddenly I'm down to one or two. Then desperation sets in.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PSEsilverhawk55
...if they dont hit like a semi i dont care for them
LOL!!! That's exactly right. My 2315's are 30.5" and with a 125gr tip, they weigh in at 568 grains! I shoot tire irons that will hit like a freight train!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

2413's for me- 519 grains at 256 fps. I have a coc 125 grain head on the tip. These arrows are very forgiving and should handle the biggest of bulls.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

2216 XX78's. Love em
Old 08-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MrBill

Carbons don't leave no impresion on me and i don't see the need for them. My aluminums work great for me so I see no need for change.I am not into speed unless i'm racing
Mr.Bill, your as bullheaded as I was, well lets just keep on riding a covered wagon as it still does the job. Heck, why even improve on it, it worked fine for my folks. It gets me to and from. Sometimes change sucks and I don't like to conform at times but I do go into things with an open mind, Having the oppurtunity that I did with the bows I had access too and having the chance to try something different in using some carbons really impressed me as I have seen my groups tightening up, not saying that I may be cursen them in a week or two, but so far change is better.
>>>--------- Proud member of the Elite 8----------->
Old 08-08-2005, 01:30 AM

It is my understanding that, though carbons are faster, aluminums have better penetration. This is because they're heavier. Carbons only get their faster. I personally would rather have the penetration than the speed. I had carbons and aluminums, and my preference lies with aluminums. I will shoot them this season.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:21 AM

I know everyone likes what they like but i went from aluminum to the terminator carbons and I have put arrows through everything i've shot. to include numerouse pigs, i was shooting an old whitetail extreame and needed to add a couple fps and the carbons did it for me. I have to say i am totally pro carbon.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since my draw is a bit longer than the average bear, I shoot full length 2514 Easton's, but I love them! Any other arrow tends to flex too much at that length so I am happy with my "fenceposts" as my carbon-loving friends call them. And, if I miss with the bow, my arrows are more than strong enough just to beat the deer with!
Old 08-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

ME!!!! [:@]And I have no intention of changing to carbon or carbon wannabes. Unless they stop making aluminums . . . HEAVEN FORBID!

A nick in a carbon and it should be replaced or you might pick carbon splinters out of your body. Go to any 3-D shoot and check every target. You willfind countless pieces of carbon and carbon wannabees all over the place . . . but few if any pieces of aluminum.

I am still shooting XX-75's that are more than 15 to 20 years old. My deer last year was taken with one of my antiques . . . and it is still in my quiver and still spins perfectly and blows through deer and this year, I am hoping elk as well.

WHY WOULD I CHANGE????

Quick Reply: Who's still shooting aluminum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.