Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who still shoots feathers? >

Who still shoots feathers?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who still shoots feathers?

Old 08-05-2005, 06:28 PM

Default RE: Who still shoots feathers?

Feathers here too, and Im manly enough to use the pink and white like DavidMil uses. Never seen anything pink in the woods, and it really helps you to find an arrow that has passed through, broken off, or even if its still in the animal! Or if you miss, but I NEVER do that.

Anyway, back on topic; Feathers just shoot better for me, plusI dont have to upkeep on them as much. A rippled or torn vane flies horribly, but I have feathers on practice arrowsthat look like they are from the prehistoric times, possibly havingpassed through a t-rex,and amazinglythey still fly fine.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Blue and White or Pink and White
Sounds like you color co-ordinating with those undies again.

I shoot vanes but do have feathers for my recurve, and long bow.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:35 PM

Another vote for feathers....same reason Mattiac suggested, fly good when torn up. Plastic doesn't
Old 08-05-2005, 06:48 PM
New Sheriff

However I shoot in crappy weather and they don't seem to shoot any different wet or dry.
A rippled or torn vane flies horribly, but I have feathers on practice arrowsthat look like they are from the prehistoric times, possibly havingpassed through a t-rex,and amazinglythey still fly fine.
Yep, the two main reasons I shoot feathers.

As for the "what about when they get wet" theory.......I say PHOOHEY!
Old 08-05-2005, 07:15 PM

I made the switch to feathers from vanes a couple of years ago.
You can't beat a feather for in flight arrow control.

OOPS, I (bigbulls) posted under my sons screen name.[8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 08-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

I only use feathers.

Always four fletched.

Always black feathers.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a finger shooter and like the results feathers give me.I fletch my own arrows and been doing it for sometime now, I figure if it ain't broke, then don't fix it.
Bobby
Old 08-06-2005, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Feathers only here. I've tried all the new fangled vanes out there (Blazers, QuickSpins, etc...) and I always go back to feathers.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:19 AM

Feathers for me also for close to 25 years. I use Gateway barred red and yellow 4" feathers on 7595 GoldTip Traditional XTs. Vanes? Tried em. Prefer feathers. Terry,
Old 08-06-2005, 08:39 AM

IShoot Feathers for 3Dand after last night I am switching to the new Spin vanes for Hunting.. I was at the archery shop andthey were doing some testing on noise from the arrows. The owner would stand at the bag and let the shooters shot different fletchings. It was a hands down decision on the new Spin vanes virtully quite until the arrow past you. I would not have believedit it if I did not hear it and see it for myself. One problem was encountered during a setup . It was difficult to get the tallon Heads to fly with the Spin Vanes. this was accomplished with alot of tunning. But with mechanicles the fley quiet and straight. Iwill have my new Hunting arrows with Spin Vanes. I will stay with feathers on 3D weree noise is not an issue Just my .02 worth

Quick Reply: Who still shoots feathers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.