Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A message from armyhuntinguy >

A message from armyhuntinguy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A message from armyhuntinguy

Old 08-04-2005, 05:49 PM

Default A message from armyhuntinguy

Hey everyone,
as i've said in another forum, for those of you who didn't read it. Thanks again for everything, you have been great in helping me learn more about bow hunting. It really has become a huge passion, and being here in iraq, we need something to keep our minds off the crap that goes on here everyday. This past month has been real rough with the Improved Explosive Devices in sector, heck my vehicle has been hit twice. This is really one thing i look forward to anytime i get a chance to get to the computer, so again thanks, also to everyone who has sent magazines, games, movies,ect. ya'll have been great. And so you know everyone that sends somthing will get a letter back from me that is my promise. Well I look forward to and future posts.

SSG Benjamin Shaw
Cavalry Scout
"Recon"
Old 08-04-2005, 06:00 PM

Default RE: A message from armyhuntinguy

SSG Shaw you don't owe us a thank you we owe you EVERYTHING plus a heartfelt THANK YOU!!! It's men like you that allows us to sit back here on our fatazzes in complete freedom and do whatever we please. THANK YOU SIR!!!

I know it's tough over there, my brother-in-law is in charge of a Nat. Grd. engineering unit stationed in Bhagdad that lost one of their own last Sunday night too an IED. I likewise know that there really aint nothing any of us can say or do that can make you feel any better, other than we love you guys and truly DO thank God everyday for you and your kind. Hopefully you will be back in your treestand over here stateside very soon!

Oorah,
RA
Old 08-04-2005, 06:06 PM

Shoot me an e-mail or pm with how to send stuff to you.....I have a few movies I would like to donate.

Now, from my heart to yours.....a sincere thank you for all you and your colleagues are doing over there. I know you guys and gals don't do it for a pat on the back, or even special recognition, but I appreciate each and every one of you. This is the greatest country in the world, becuase we have the greatest PEOPLE in the world. We love ya brother!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

Are prayers are with you, anytime you want you could hunt my best stand when you get home. Thanks for keeping us free and getting rid of the bad guys. Stay strong and focused. God bless you all.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:47 AM

I have a friend that just got back from Iraq for a short leave. He goes back to Ft. Bliss for some medicals and ,hopefully, will be back here in time for bowseason. I have the utmost respect for you guys, and don't ever seem to find words that are adequate enough to express how much you are appreciated. I have a ton of hunting videos thatIwould be happy to send if you could just let me know how and where.God be with you guys and come home safe. Thank you for your sacrifice.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:53 AM

I just want to thank you for defending our country. Without you and your fellow soldiers, we would not have the opportunity to hunt this free land like we do. If you need anything for your bow, just let me know. You can send me a pm or just respond to this post. If I have it...it is yours. I have a lot of bow hunting things, so just let me know. Again, thank you for all that you are doing!!!!
Old 08-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

A BIG heart felt THANK YOU toyou Sir and All of our men and women fighting for our freedom in Iraq and around the world!!! THANK YOU

I would be there fighting with you if I were able. I left the Army in 01' after 6 years - my back just couldn't take the abuse. I feel like a wuss now saying that [X(] Just know you all have our support and love and we're rooting for you every day!

I lost a very close friend in Iraq from IED - Capt. Michael Yury Tarlavsky Company A, 1st Battalion, 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne) Rest in Peace Brother
Old 08-05-2005, 03:17 PM

Hey guys,
well, i've gotten some great responses to the thanks, i know ya'll say that i deserve the thanks but i'm telling you its ya'll. Ive been doin this for over 10 years now, and by far this is the best deployment i've been on because of this sight. I know that sounds weird but 4 deployments, i never got on the computer, my wife signed me up for this and i love it. My address for those who were asking is

SSG Benjamin Shaw
HHC 1-15 Inf
OIF 3 FOB Mckenzie
APO AE 09391

That is to send anything, and movies are MOST appriciated. Talk to yall soon
ben
Old 08-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Dominant Buck

I spoke with my wife , and we'll be going through the movies , video games , andhunting magstomorrow . My Son will be doing the same , so we should be able to have a fairly decent "care package" put together shortly . My younger brother served in DS1 , so I know to send some Kool-Aidâ„¢ , but are there any other creature comforts that y'all would like ? BTW , a short list of "no-no items" would be valuable , some folks get a little extra generous where y'all service folk are concerned and they might send a no-no with the best of intentions .[:-]

Keep your spirits high and your heads low , we love and support you all . Come home safe and bringthe rest of your company with you .
Old 08-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey SSgt Shaw. What unit are you with?? I'm a cavalry man myself. 1/1 Armored Cav for two years in Vietnam. What kind of stuff do you need I have about 125 VHStapes and a fewDVDs. You're welcome to any of it. Send me a shipping address.

Quick Reply: A message from armyhuntinguy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.