Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mr. Wide and Big Daddy's Little Brother...... >

Mr. Wide and Big Daddy's Little Brother......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mr. Wide and Big Daddy's Little Brother......

Old 08-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Mr. Wide and Big Daddy's Little Brother......

....maybe. Picked up the game cam film yesterday from the local CVS and was surprised to see some nice bucks pics. The first buck I have affectionately termed "Mr. Wide" since he is the widest buck I have seen so far this season. Guesstimates as to his width or score would be appreciated.

The second buck looks somewhat surprisingly like thatbig non-typical I posted a picture of a few weeks ago. I am guessing that they are somehow related as the two pictures were taken less than about a mile or so apart. I have no idea how to count him as I can't tell where one antler stops and the other one starts. I have several pics of him and will try to post more later. There is also a respectable six or small eight that could be something in another year or two standing behind him.

Old 08-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Mr. Wide and Big Daddy's Little Brother......

Old 08-02-2005, 07:09 AM

nice buck, I hope you introduce him to a broadhead in a couple of months!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics PA, good luck with them!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:34 AM

Fun pics PAB, the first buck "Mr. Wide" looks like a fullbodied, mature animal (I believe I even see a "Roman nose" on him). I would venture to say he is 19"-19.5" inside. He basically has no browtines so that will effect his score negatively. He has good length on the G2 and 3s but short on beams (they don't curve inward from the tips). I have a rack that is almost his twin (except a lil longer beams and two short G1s about 3" each, it was a 3.5 year old cull that I killed a few years ago. He grosses 124 and change. I think your buck should be in the 120"ish range. CERTAINLY a decent trophy to pursue with a bow.

That other lil deer is a freak, wouldn't even know what to make of him from that one pic. He looks to be young as well (boy their coats are fugly this time of year as they are making the transition! lol). He looks to be almost a "cactus buck". If that's the case he will never be scoreable as he wont really have a defineable rack. BUT he should make an interesting trophy in another couple of years. Were it me, I would simply watch that lil guy and try to keep him around for about 3 more years. He would be a VERY unique trophy for sure.

Good pics,
RA
Old 08-02-2005, 08:52 AM

Some more fine animals. The season is getting closer and my heart is beating faster.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those are some nice bucks PA. I would say the big has about an 18" spread. He isn't going to score real good because of his brows but that doesn't take away from the fact that he is a nice buck. My guess would be around 110-115.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:08 AM

just what we need to see to get are hunting fix,season coming and i just cant wait
Old 08-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks, hope I can find some of that size this season.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:12 AM

Nice pics,the game cam lets you know who and what your after.

Quick Reply: Mr. Wide and Big Daddy's Little Brother......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.