Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trophy Ridge Sights >

Trophy Ridge Sights

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trophy Ridge Sights

Old 07-31-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Trophy Ridge Sights

Im thinking about getting the Micro Matrix with V Drive any opinions?
Old 07-31-2005, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Sights

I've got a Nitro Extreme and am pretty happy with it. I have the .29 fibers and am going to change them out to the .19's. I would also recommend the optional light. Mine has the holes for the glow sticks and they are o.k. but kind of a hassle, cost too much for me, and don't last very long. The light makes the pins really glow bright. I bought the light at Sportsmans Warehouse for about $16 and it came with the bracket and bolt to screw to the sight.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got a Flatliner from Trophy Ridge when they first came out. Since then I've had the 2 Flatliners, a Nitro Extreme, Alpha, and now the Mantis V-Drive. The only one I didn't care for was the Alpha. They are great sites and I haven't had any complaints. The company's customer service is top notch. I would recommend any sight from them. You won't be disappointed.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:33 PM

I have the Matrix on my Xtec and like it a lot. Rugged, easy to adjust, gathers light well (I too have the bluelight for low light conditions, and I am not worried about the Pope & Young restriction since I have never seen a P&Y quality buck where I hunt) and the yellow ring around the pin cover makes it very easy to line up with my peep. Not cheap, but worth it.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:12 PM

well the trophy ridge sites are the best bang for buck because how they are made, and the ease of adjustment on sighting in sight
Old 08-02-2005, 03:25 PM

I hunted with the micro Matrixv-drive last year. I like it but I am returning to the Matrix Guide .19 5-pin. I find that when hunting simpler is better. I had nothing go wrong last year but the adjustment knob was hard tomove in gloves since it was so close to my arrows. I had no problem in the sept. hunt but noticed the difference in the late hunt. I will still use the v-drive for my 3D shoots.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

Trophy ridge sights are junk IMHO! They don't stay tight unless you loc titethe crap out or them.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

You'll love the TR sights!!!They have all been great to me. I'm using the Rhino and the Titan V-Drive on my rigs for this season.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well, I still wouldn't give you a nickle for any of their sights. The adjustments are terrible, gears feel like sand and the ways that they are machined leaves a lot to be desired IMHO.

The Rest is much better IMO. Though I still do not feel that it deserves its price tag at least it works as advertised.

I did a poll about their sights on another forum last year and a full 1/3 of the people that used their sights (88 people) had experianced problems with them. Most got the problems resolved quickly so it seems that they have great customer service but what good is a lifetime warranty if you never get to use the product.

Would you buy a Ford if you knew that you had a 1 in 3 chance of getting a bad Ford and it was going to end up in the shop for repairs?
Old 08-02-2005, 08:20 PM

I have been usting the Matrix for about two years now and love it. There are a lot of good sights out there, but I don't think you would go wrong if you put a set of TR's on your bow.

Quick Reply: Trophy Ridge Sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.