Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TRUE ROBINHOOD?

Old 08-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TRUE ROBINHOOD?

I was aiming for his nock. I intended to hit his nock. I did hit it, dead center. Split his brand new 2213 X7. He called it a robinhood....
If that is a true robin hood then my shooting buddies and I must be living legends. We have done that dozens of times while practicing and at the shoots
Old 08-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

And how would that be any different there Buckeye? If "you and your buddies" are aiming at each others arrows and hitting them (splitting them down the middle or inserting one into the other) , and "your doing this all the time" , then I'd say you'd best put your money where your mouth is and start touring the big $$$tournaments.

I really dont understand why there's even a discussion of "what a true robin hood is" , let alone an arguement.[&:]Robin Hood wasn't splitting his own arrows.It's too bad they conceal that sort of information in books!
Old 08-09-2005, 04:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bow here is a few that I haven't split to save a good arrow. If it is a good arrow that I want to save I will separate them to save it. If it is an arrow I don't care about then it stays. My buddies have wrecked just as many as mine as I have of theirs.

We just never considered these "robin hoods" just a shafted arrow. I may only have two true robin hoods( that is my definition of a dead center shotwith a follow up shafted arrow). But I would venture to say close to two dozen of these.[/align]

If you want to see a guy who could wreck some arrows in a hurry try shooting with Blodg. He hardly shoots and is lethal The man is a freak when it comes to accuracy with out practice. We shot a 3D together this year. The man hadn't shot a 3D in ten years or so,just bought his bow a couple days before hand and tied me with a 304/330 (30 targets 11 point max) []It was 25 degrees max with some serious wind too

Old 08-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gee, buckeye... You got exacly half as many as I do. But, you've got about the same number I've done with a compound. Of the others, 4 were done with a recurve and 6 with a longbow.

My favorite one is one I did with a longbow, checking to see how my point-on distance would change if I shot with a 2219 vs a cedar shaft. Turned out, there was no difference. The cedar shaft is imbedded in the arse end of the 2219. Distance was 45 yards. I think cedar into aluminum robinhoods are pretty rare, since I've never seen another like it.

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter who put the first arrow in the target. If you aim at the arrow and your arrow sticks in it, that's a robinhood. I could give a rip whether or not it meets someone else's criteria of a 'true' robinhood.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Site Bouncer

I think it should happen just as the story is told.

As most of you know Robin Hood was engaging in a shooting match with another archer. When the other archer put his arrow in the DEAD center of the target and there was not room for another arrow. All who witnessed the event thought Robin Hoodhad been bested and lost the contest. It was then that Robin Hood put his next arrow into his opponents and split it down the center. (so the story goes)

To me a true Robin Hood is where another archer is shooting for the center bull and hits it. Then with theNEXT arrow another archer shoots the exact same shot ie:hitting the nock and splitting the other arrow. I can be flexible and allow for the same archer to split his own arrow but it MUST be the very next shot.

If not then I think ANYBODY who can put arrows in the center ring consistantly will end upRobin Hoodinghis own arrow if they shoot enough and leave enough in the target. If I have 10 arrows in the center ring and keep shooting there I'm bound to hit one of the at some point.

Now, if you can hit/split the arrow of another archer (or yours)with the very next arrow then I would consider it a "Robin Hood" but I would still like it to be as it was in the story ie:A perfect shot was followed by a perfect shot. I think it adds to the pressure of the moment.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:22 PM

THANK YOU BigJ12 FOR ENDING THIS STUPID CONVERSATION!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: DeerSlayer53

THANK YOU BigJ12 FOR ENDING THIS STUPID CONVERSATION!!!!!!!!!!
The debate was over after the second post, the rest is everyone expressing their opinion on the topic which is what this great country is all about. You don't like it go somewhere else little fawn.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:59 PM

hey metro why dont you go screw yourself
Old 08-10-2005, 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: DeerSlayer53

hey metro why dont you go screw yourself
Is that it!? Is that all you could come up with?