Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TRUE ROBINHOOD?

Old 08-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: TRUE ROBINHOOD?

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

If shooter C was intentionally trying to hit shooter A's arrow , then it's a true robin hood. Doesn't matter who's arrows they are if your trying to hit it and you succeed , it's a robin hood.
I agree whole heartely.....

If you intend on aiming for said arrow regardless of whose it is and then shaft it....you made a perfect shot ie..Robin Hood

But it is more impressive to bullseye your first shot and then shaft it your second....that may be interpreted as a pure Robin Hood but shafting any arrow you aim for to me is a Robin Hood and lets face it, more luck than skill considering the variables....yes it's the skill that puts the arrow where it needs to be but luck it doesn't glance...[&:].
Old 08-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I consider a true robin hood when you shoot an arrow and then you shoot another arrow inside of that arrow.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:57 AM

Well, my brother has gotten a few "true" robin-hoods as some would define, but I would never intentionally aim at my own arrows....you know how expensive they are, and how much time I spend building those suckers?[8D]

I aim at other peoples arrows, and that to me is just as much a robin hood as anything else. Infact, as was mentioned, probably more so. After all Robin Hood, split (shafted) his competitors shaft in the bullseye, not his own. Even Robin Hood knew to aim at multiple spots when practicing! And then aim at the other guys shafts in competition!
Old 08-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

A true robinhood is two shots. First oneyou center punch the target then the second arrow shafts the first arrow
Yep, that's exactly what it is. When you limit it to the true definition, there aren't too many done. Remember the first arrow needs to be dead center.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:04 AM

I always considered it aiming at and hitting your own arrow, regardless of bullseye or not. For instance, a 3D doesn't have a bullseye. But if you make a good first shot and then on the second shot aim at that arrow and center it, you got a robin hood IMO. I've done it once.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

So, using the definition of many here, the namesake for this feat did not even accomplish a "Robin Hood" since he did not shaft his own arrow?
Old 08-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man oh man am I ever glad this is all cleared up now!!! And to think all of this time I thought a "Robin Hood" was robbing the rich and giving the spoils to the poor!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: reylamb

So, using the definition of many here, the namesake for this feat did not even accomplish a "Robin Hood" since he did not shaft his own arrow?

Exactly!
Old 08-04-2005, 09:38 AM

Actually Robin Hood never did "Robin Hood" an arrow. Since they used solid wood shafts, the 2nd arrow would follow the path of the grain and never stick into the 1st arrow. It was on Myth Busters so it must be true.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, let's complicate this further. A month ago I was shooting a five arrow group. I drove the fifth arrow up the arse of the fourth arrow. The fifth arrow came out upon removal of the two arrows from the target. Is that a robin hood?

Quick Reply: TRUE ROBINHOOD?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.