Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Can anyone tell me if thermacell really works? >

Can anyone tell me if thermacell really works?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can anyone tell me if thermacell really works?

Old 07-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can anyone tell me if thermacell really works?

What bigbulls said. Thermacell works better than deet imho when you are sitting still. If Iuse deet, unless i take a bath in it, the lil buggers find somewhere to bite me... using thermacell, they just arent there.... period. moving i use deet, like when i walk the 3d course.... but sitting on stand, nothing beats thermacell.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

I've used the ThermaCELL while deer hunting around Hemingway, SC. Kept all the nasty, crawly , critters away and I've seen and taken plenty of deer while using it. Deet can and will wreck havoc on bow and gun finishes. About a minute after I apply the stuff, I want to take a bath to wash it off.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:41 PM

I just hunted the second week of July in the panhandle of Florida. The guide assured me that I would be a fool if I arrived without a Thermacell.( I bought mine from Cabelas.)

After arriving at the tree satnd, I would turn it on and wait. The mosquitos were incredible! BUT...after about 10 minutes, they were gone! Not even buzzing around, simply gone. I'll never hunt without one again.

Kev
Old 08-02-2005, 10:47 AM

I used to live in Hemingway, graduated from high school there. I didn't even deer hunt then. Williamsburg county is one of the best, so I missed out. I hunt in Ridgeland now on some private land.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like I need to buy one of these.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:07 PM

You'll never know it's working until it either runs out of fule of you need to chance the little mat. Once it dise and the skeeters start to swarm, you'll be a believer.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:37 PM

I thought this was a gimmick when I first saw it, but this many people giving it positive remarks has got me thinking I need one of these.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:11 PM

me too!
Old 08-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

manuman
I usually get to hunt Hemingwayat least once a year. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be getting there this year(employment troubles). I'll be going back when I get back on my feet. I took this deer 2 seasons ago http://www.huntinglodge.net/images/deer004.jpg. I was using the ThermaCELL when I shot him.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why yes , yes it does . Keeps mosqueto's and noseeums away . It takes a few minnets to warm up . Does not work on deer flys for some reason .

Quick Reply: Can anyone tell me if thermacell really works?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.