Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pendeleum treestand sight >

Pendeleum treestand sight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pendeleum treestand sight

Old 07-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pendeleum treestand sight

I want to try expermenting with a pendleleum sight and was wondering if any of you had any pros or cons on these type sights, it seems my biggest problem is estimating yardage once I get up in the stand. Thanks for any imfo.
Bobby
Old 07-26-2005, 12:08 PM

Default RE: Pendeleum treestand sight

Me too. My solution was get a good but inexpensive range finder, get in your stand and take different readings all around you as reference points.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love my pendulum. For me there is nothing simpler. Get a model that is quiet, I recomend savage. They are silent.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:49 PM

they can work good out to about 30 yards or so depending on your bows speed. I tend to think they work better with a little slower setup as well. The biggest caution is in regards to terrain features. If you hunt steep ridges they can be a little off, they work better in flat to slightly rolling terain. I have used a couple of models in the past & I thinkt he Trophy Ridge Mantis with the V-Drive is the best model out there. It can be used as a treestand sight, mover style sight, and a fixed position single pin.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

I use a Savage also and i love it! I hunt on level land or from a tree (between 6-25 feet up) and have had great sucess with it.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the imfo.
Orion, so with that you have only one pin? Do they make anything with 2 or 3 pins for ground hunting?
Fishhook, range finder is not an option this year, I'm still tring to explain to her about my new bow, new leipold scope and gps and treestand too, so I don't want to press my luck if you know what I mean. In the mean time I'm looking for another option than pacing off my usual 20 yds with tissue paper and then it seems the dang deer always comes from another direction.
Bobby
***************Proud member of the Elite 8**************
Old 07-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I love my pendulum. For me there is nothing simpler. Get a model that is quiet, I recomend savage. They are silent.
Ditto.

Orion, so with that you have only one pin? Do they make anything with 2 or 3 pins for ground hunting?
The savage quick Click Ranger Pendulum has an adjuster (for lack of words) where all you do is press a button and its pre sighted from 20-70 yds on the ground or out to 30 from a tree. If you have to shoot further up in yur stand just click in some extra yardage. But only practice will tell you how much.

http://www.savagearchery.com/
Old 07-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Jersey, I just ordered a left handed one from their site for $79.00. Time will tell.
Thanks for allthe imfo.
Bobby
Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Didn't see one for that price. Guess you didn't get the Quick Click.? Good Luck with it.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jersey, I ordered the Super Max Pendulum for $64.00, I got mixed up on the price. It seemed like it was the primo over the rest of them, what do you think? I guess I can always send it back if its not what I want. Thanks a bunch.
Bobby

Quick Reply: Pendeleum treestand sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.