Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pendeleum treestand sight >

Pendeleum treestand sight

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pendeleum treestand sight

Old 07-27-2005, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pendeleum treestand sight

There all fine, You can always add the quick click later for $90 you'll only be paying a little more rather than buying it already together. $149.95 The Quick Click lets you shoot from the ground at various distances. Don't know if the pendulm max has any ground features.

http://www.savagearchery.com/store.php?crn=54&action=show&show_products _mode=cat_click
Old 07-27-2005, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

with the pend. max he should still get around 25 yds accurate ground shooting. Depending on his bow speed. What I do is have a regular 3 pin sight that I use for turkey, and for shooting in the summer, practicing at farther than hunting distances, just to get good. Then I switch to my pend a month or so before and shoot 95% from a tree at that point. My pend still has me covered for any ground chance I get walking in or out of my stand.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Trophy Rudge Mantis. I shoot a Hoyt Vtec and a ViperTec with both with pendulum sights anda Hoyt HyperTec for ground only hunting which is very rare, its more for target practice and keeping me tuned up. Both pendulum sights are dead nuts to 35+ yards. No guess work, no worrying aboutusing my rangefinder ondeer as they come in or walk by etc ... its unreal how much simpler and confident it makes me when hunting from a stand. The Mantis only has one pin to lock out for hunting the ground but you can set you pin at 20 or 30 yards and just hold above or below the pin for closer or farther shots. If you are going to be worried about mainly hunting from the ground and only occassionaly hunting from a stand then just get a regular sight, leave the pendulum sights for the serious stand hunters.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now I'm getting kinda confused.I ordered the 9153 Pendulum Super Max. Do you mean I got to order the Quik Click seperately?
What does the one I ordered need for that. Should I have gotten the 21835 for $149.00? Do you know what the diff is between the two, other than $75.00? I know I'm missing something but don't know what. Ihave been unableto find a phone number to Savage to obtain some imfo. Sorry if I seem lost.[&:]
Bobby
Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

The site you ordered is just a pendulum, the QC Ranger for 149. which I have is a pendulum and a ground site. Which is good to 70 yds depending on the speed of your bow. I'll get you the Ph No..

customer service Phone: (318) 428-7733 Emma Jordan

Gen Manager and Technical Assistant ask for Lancer Williams. He's answered a few Questions for me. There all nice folks. I would change my order. You wont regret it.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Jersey, I give them a call right now to see if I can stop it in time and send me the other one. Thanks for your help and I'll let you know the outcome, gotta go.
Bobby
Old 07-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Itwas shipped out today. Emma said to refuse it when UPS delivers it and theirshipping me the 21835 QC Ranger Penddulum Super Max for $149.95. They were great people to deal with and called me back as far as what to do. There toll free no. is 800-545-4868.
I even got a plug in for huntingnet.com in letting her know that we're corresponding on here and she said she would let her general managers know. I think thats at least worth a hunting net cap which I lost minein LakeOchochobee two weeks ago.
Thanks for everyones help on this one.
Bobby