HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Anybody but me still shoot an old bow? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/106709-anybody-but-me-still-shoot-old-bow.html)

Pro-Line 07-25-2005 09:38 PM

Anybody but me still shoot an old bow?

I have the money to buy a new bow...but can't part with my mid-late 80's Pro-Line Force II bow. It's taken a tractor-trailer load of game...Deer, bear, turkeys and small game. I shoot it a ton...and have put a number of strings on it.

I'm a lefty, and I don't care for these new short draw bows. The groups still hold at about 2" at 20yds...with broadheads. Maybe 5" at 30yds. That's good enough for me.

Just wondering.

johnch 07-25-2005 09:45 PM

RE: Anybody but me still shoot an old bow?

I am still shooting a Bear Whitetail 2
Don't remember when I bought it .
May not be as fast as the new bows but I can still hit what I aim at.

Johnch

Hunter06FlKy 07-25-2005 09:53 PM

i just got an old bow. i haven't had it forever. i just bought it a few months ago. it's a late 70's bear polar ltd. it definately isn't all that fast, it's pretty quiet, but sure as heck is accurate. i don't like the new bows they're just not my style really. i don't see a prob with shooting an old bow as long as it's safe and still works well.

zak123 07-25-2005 10:04 PM

Now where is ButchA? :D

aeroslinger 07-25-2005 11:06 PM

I had a Pro Line Point Blank and loved it. Wish I'd kept it. My new bow is certainly faster but was just as accurate with the Pro Line.

Washington Hunter 07-25-2005 11:13 PM

I've got a [probably] 20 year old Ben Pearson 'Collegian'recruve that I still hunt small game with.

shed33 07-26-2005 12:26 AM

I still love shooting my Clearwater Mag dual wheel bow. I can't part with it. Yes I hunt with my bowtechLiberty, but every now and then I just take the clearwater, I have a ton of confidence in it and its killed more elk than any of my bows, mostly cows but it was a very nice shooting machine in theearly 90s. I have been shooting that bow for almost15 years now and to this day it still shoots bullets holes in paper and tight groups out to 40 yards. I keep it around for a back up and its just fun too shoot.

i shoot stuff 07-26-2005 01:17 AM

i have a old old pse thats my main bow. it scares the sh** out of me. i keep thinkin its gona explode right in my face

Pro-Line 07-26-2005 04:50 AM

I forgot to say that I sometimes take along a Shakespear Necedah recurve instead of my Pro-Line. It's old, too.:D

ButchA 07-26-2005 05:26 AM

ORIGINAL: zak123
Now where is ButchA? :D
....Right here! ;)

I LOVE shooting my old PSE Edge 1000C (seen below). It's from 1996 and is maybe, around 230 fps - if that. It's rugged, built like a tank, and very very accurate. I grew accustomed to it and how it feels. I have thought of upgrading to a newer faster bow, but just can't bring myself to do it.