Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spray Paint Cresting >

Spray Paint Cresting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spray Paint Cresting

Old 07-25-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Spray Paint Cresting

http://www.texastrackers.com/Videos/Arrows.wmv

I saw this link posted on archerytalk.com and thought I would post it over here to see what others think about this idea. Seems like an inexpensive way to crest your arrows. Anyone tried it? What kind of results have you had? Any tips? Thanks,
-Rob

Here is a link to the archertalk.com thread.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=207861
Old 07-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Spray Paint Cresting

Man!That was excellent!!I'll definatly be trying that.Especially when some of the crest wraps cost $12-20 per dozen.Thank's for the link,I'm looking forward to doing some up.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:21 PM

I'll get back with you in a couple of days. I am heading to the store later to get some paint, and I am giving that a try! Thanks!!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:31 PM

Pretty cool. I have been wrapping my arrows for years. I might have to give this a try.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:48 PM

So acetone does not affect the glue that holds the carbon together? (honest question, I don't know) That and the smell of the dried paint would concern me. The smell will eventually diminish but it does take some time.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:03 PM

So acetone does not affect the glue that holds the carbon together? (honest question, I don't know) That and the smell of the dried paint would concern me. The smell will eventually diminish but it does take some time.
Acetone only works when it is wet. Once it evaporates it is done. At least that has been my experience with it. As far as the paint smell, I would imagine it would take a while but not too long. Maybe a couple days or so depending on humidity. Again, this is just experience from the past. I can't smell like a deer can.

I might give this a try on a half dozen arrows and see how it works.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

Acetone only works when it is wet. Once it evaporates it is done. At least that has been my experience with it. As far as the paint smell, I would imagine it would take a while but not too long. Maybe a couple days or so depending on humidity. Again, this is just experience from the past. I can't smell like a deer can.

I might give this a try on a half dozen arrows and see how it works.
But while it's wet on the arrow, will it weaken the glue that holds the carbon fibers together?
Old 07-26-2005, 12:08 AM

It shouldnt weaken the glue holding the arrow together. I always use acetone when whiping shafts clean before refletching, and have never had a problem with it. Im going to have to try the spray paint though.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:18 AM

Is he just using normal spray-paint?? Or is it a special type og paint...
Old 07-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

That looks great!!

Cheap, easy, only 1 grain, and completely customizable.
I am using aluminum, so the acetone shouldn't be a problem.

MartinDK, the paint is actually laquer.
I have to assume that's the best kind to use.

Quick Reply: Spray Paint Cresting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.