HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hunting from a golf cart!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/106406-hunting-golf-cart.html)

bubba74701 07-22-2005 08:35 PM

Hunting from a golf cart!!!

I can't remember which show it was I think Alen Warren or somthing I was flippen thru the other day and had to stop and watch this.They were at a golf course and would ride around on a golf cart until they spotted a antelope they wanted to harvest ,then get off the cart with a bow and step about 2 feet from it and shoot the antelope.
What next ride around on dirt bikes with large hatchets and try and lop off a deer head.[:o].Now thats good television[:@].I guess I will never understand the things people will do to make a show.What do you think!!!!

longrifle1000 07-22-2005 08:59 PM

RE: Hunting from a golf cart!!!

I saw that a while back. I can't remember which show it was. They said something to the effect that is was a population control "hunt". And how the city was giving out permits. I think it would be ok for the locals to partake in this, but on a tv show? I guess the kill shot is the only thing that matters.

jamiebuck 07-22-2005 09:31 PM

didnt see it but that looks like a real challange[&o][&o][&o][&o]

24/7 hunter 07-22-2005 09:59 PM

I saw it last week. It was on Keith Warren. He was hunting on a golf course in Wright, WY, which was supposedly over run with antelope.

24/7 hunter 07-22-2005 10:01 PM

It was on keith warren in Wright WY on a golf course that was suppossedly over run with antelope. I thought it was in a pen. Sorry, I dont know how, but I posted twice.

BowtechPatroit27 07-22-2005 11:10 PM

Ya I saw that. In Granbury, TX there are so many deer in my grandparents gated community that they might start doing that. All the bucks are tearing up the trees and eating all the plants.

cardeer 07-23-2005 02:30 AM

The Goat open. A hole in the goat gets you a birdie

nodog 07-23-2005 05:45 AM

I know a guy who hunts out of one, believe me the animals are safe.:D

Tribal 07-23-2005 07:43 AM

I cannot stand Keith Warren. He drives me absolutely f**king nuts. Ever since he was doing his plug for savage rifles I believe. He states they are priced for YOU, the average shooter can afford them. Like he was some kind of god. What a joke. His show is worse than Ted Nugents.

MasterBlaster 07-23-2005 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Tribal

I cannot stand Keith Warren. He drives me absolutely f**king nuts. Ever since he was doing his plug for savage rifles I believe. He states they are priced for YOU, the average shooter can afford them. Like he was some kind of god. What a joke. His show is worse than Ted Nugents.
I agree with all of that except the Ted Nugent part (one of my favorites). Keith Warren is a freekin joke. He is no hunter at all. I watched a show just last week were he was plugging this high fence operationhere in Texas. He was talking about all this BS they were doing for the deer herd. All they were doing is trying to make money... that’s all a lot of these so called TV hunters are about. Anyhow, I looked on the website of this place to see what they charged. They charge $3750 for a buck. That is ignorant IMO. I will never spend that much money on a deer as long as I live even though I could if I really wanted to. The whole show he was justifying high fences and all this crap. All it is for is for money.[:@]

Bottom line is that Keith Warren really sucks and is an idiot IMO. He went on talking about that hunting is getting expensive and then started talking about public land and the lack of opportunity for a trophy you have there. I wonder if he realizes that A LOT of the people watching hunting shows only hunt public land. To me he was just pissing off his customers. I will never watch his crappy "Hunting with Keith Warren" again He ranks right there with Bushman. Those guys talk more about money than actual hunting.