Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crackerized???

Old 07-21-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Crackerized???

What in the hell does crackerized mean??????
Old 07-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Crackerized???

There is a guy they call "Crackers" who is an absolute genius with bows. He has the nack to get bows shooting their best and makes a hell of a string too!!! Hop on over to www.archerytalk.com or www.benpearson.com and search the forums, you will find a lot on this guy.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have never been to the Ben Pearson forums but I have seen him mentioned over on Archery talk on occasion. He does reportedly do some sort of super tune to bows to make them shoot more efficiently...or accurately. Someone on one of these forums explained it in detail once but I have totally forgotten.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:28 PM

He also makes some of the BEST looking bows around with custom finishes and such. His shop is based around the Kansas City, MO area. Check out some of his work.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:29 PM

It's when you jump in the bed barea$$ed and land on the ole lady's crackers.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:56 PM

Great guy from what i have heard, best work and stands behind everything. From all the talk on AT I am shocked this is the first question i have seen on here about him.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:05 PM

its beyond me that anyone would send their bow to someone to get it tuned. i've lost customers to him - which is ok, i'm too busy as it is - because they wanted to send me their bow and have me tune it after installing new strings. i tell them sure, i'll tune it to me, but that won't work for you - no one can tune your bow to you but you. i've even offered to send them directions to super tune it - but nope - they send it to someone. i'm positive he does good work, but he can't tune my bow to me better than i can. i just think its sad that someone would take the time and trouble to pack and ship their bow but won't take time to learn to tune it.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:10 PM

I guess that is part of it all. People pay over 1000 for thier setup and want the best person to set it up. From what i have heard from his customers they are all happy and satisfied. I agree though Gibblet I do not get how they tune a bow without the shooter there!
Old 07-22-2005, 06:11 AM

i'm not crackin' on crackers. i've seen pictures of his strings and they look great! i wouldn't even mention this on AT because my posse isn't quite as big as crackers yet and i'd get attacked big time. i'm bucknasty over there. i'm crackin on the people who won't learn to work on their equipment because i have no respect for that at all.

i just want to add i have so much respect for people learning that i can't tell y'all how many strings/cables i've re-made for free because first time changers have damaged them in some way during the install. i know i ruined more than 1 set when i was learning and i remember that.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

i'm not crackin' on crackers. i've seen pictures of his strings and they look great! i wouldn't even mention this on AT because my posse isn't quite as big as crackers yet and i'd get attacked big time. i'm bucknasty over there. i'm crackin on the people who won't learn to work on their equipment because i have no respect for that at all.

i just want to add i have so much respect for people learning that i can't tell y'all how many strings/cables i've re-made for free because first time changers have damaged them in some way during the install. i know i ruined more than 1 set when i was learning and i remember that.
Well there you have it. A lot of folks don't want to ruin their new string and cables trying to learn how to string it. Let a pro do it. That's what you get paid for. Some people don't want to start messing with their 700.00 bow to learn how to work on it. It's no different than paying someone to finish your basement, work on your car, service your furnace. I'm sure most people could learn how to do these things but they'd rather have the experts do it. And if everyone worked on their own bows, you wouldn't have a job.

Quick Reply: Crackerized???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.