Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone own or ever use a Lone Wolf Climber? >

Anyone own or ever use a Lone Wolf Climber?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone own or ever use a Lone Wolf Climber?

Old 07-15-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Anyone own or ever use a Lone Wolf Climber?

I thinking of investing in getting a Lone Wolf hand climber or a sit and climb climber. i was wondering if anyone out there has one of these and if they like it. I hear they are really light and quit but i'm not sure if it is worth the cost? Give me your input please?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone own or ever use a Lone Wolf Climber?

no people who have em ..no complaints
Old 07-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

I own the hand climber and have used the sit & climb. I personally like the hand climber it takes more arm strength when climbing but after a couple of times its no trouble. I bought mine on ebay and saved about $80.00. I say BUY IT!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:45 PM

I have had the hand climber for 5 years and will use nothing else. they are light in weight, are very quite and grab and hold onto the tree to give you a very secure feeling. I climb so the bottom of my stand is 25 feet off of the ground. So I strongly recomend it and have friends who also use and love them.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Though I don't own it, I have tried the Alpha on several occasions. Very well made and relatively comfortable. They stand behind their products.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:24 PM

pabowhntr: If you can get your own you will love it. Like I said before not one complaint about the stand.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

I own the sitnclimb. Quiet, sturdy and very durable. Sometimes when starting to climb a very large tree its a little work getting it started the belt conforms to the tree and has some flex but.........thats a big plus overall. The belt design makes it almost impossible to slip!!! I've climbed trees that I wouldn't dare climb with most other brands. Thats not to say safety should be ignored, juststating that I have a lot of confidence using my Lone Wolf climber.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:20 AM

Although I hunt mainly out of "lock-ons" I bought a sit n climb last year. Over all I was pleased with the stand. Quiet, safe, lite, packs in and out of the woods nicely. ( not a bunch of crap hanging everywhere getting caught on everything making a bunch of noise.) The only problem I had was late season when I had alot of clothes on, the top half would actually lift up with you when you stood up. I'm 6 foot 195lbs. (not that big) The top half needs to be a few inches wider. For me anyway.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

Hello
I bought the hand climber a couple of years ago and just love it. Its the fourth commercially made climber I've had in my 30+ years of bowhunting. Its definitely the best in my opinion. Last year I bought the sit-n-climb portion due to the fact I'm an old fart and its much easier to climb with.
The sit-n-climb has a draw back in my opinion for bowhunting. The seat portion restricts some of your turning radius on the stand. Because of this I carry a light strap on seat in my pack for all day sits. On the other hand the sit-n-climb allows you to adjust the pitch of the stand once at stand height. With safety harness on of course, sit in the top portion and draw up the lower portion with your feet. Making sure the lower portion is strapped to the upper, you can reach down grab it and adjust the belt to fit the tree better.

Dan
Old 07-17-2005, 09:04 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have the sit and climb and think it was well worth the money. It is simple to put on in the dark and very quiet, light and easy to pack in. They reall lock onto a tree, it is more sturdy than my gorilla hang on stands. The only problem I have had is like BigWay said, the seat is a little narrow, I'm 6' 0" and weigh 200 and with light clothing on I just fit into it. If they made it about 4 inches wider it would be perfect.

Quick Reply: Anyone own or ever use a Lone Wolf Climber?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.