Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What all do you do? >

What all do you do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What all do you do?

Old 07-15-2005, 12:08 AM

Default RE: What all do you do?

fish for anything as much as i can, hunt for what ill eat as much as i can, paintball. walks/hikes/games. race/ride my ditbikes. andstuff like that
Old 07-15-2005, 12:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

January 1through the end of March I doa lot of post season scouting and shed hunt for whitetail antlers. This is when I pick new areas I want to observe later in the summer for pre-season scouting and videoing. 99% of my whitetail, elk, bear and turkey hunting spots all come from shed hunting new areas and liking what I find for habitat and sign then going back.

April through May, I shed hunt for elk/deer, bear hunt and turkey hunt and start glassing and scouting for bucks. Memorial day weekend we go sturgeon/bass fishing.

June through August 29th, Pretty much every evening about 80 plusevenings a summer glassing and videoing bucks in 5 different areas spreading over 4 counties, setting stands takes about 5 days and I usually set my stands on weekends during the summer sinceI am logging during the week, I save my summer evenings for observing, many stands are already set and stay where they are. I doa lot more glassing than videoing, I try to pick my times to set up and shoot good video once I get a buck consistently showing himself in a specific area.

August 30th through Sept 30th, Bowhunt whitetails every day the first 2 weeks then start hunting elk as well the rest of the month. I can hunt every day the first 7 days before I go back to teaching. Then hunt after work during the week and on the weekends the rest of the seasons.

October 1-9, no hunting season, so I prepare for October 10th-31st re-opener for whitetails and elk. Try to slip in a sturgeon trip that first week of Oct.

November 1 -Dec 1, whitetails only....... I am oblivious to all other critters in November.

December 10th-23rd Late seasonWhitetail and Elk archery again.

Take a week off for Christmas then start shed hunting and scouting again... fun fun fun, the snow reads like a book.

Old 07-15-2005, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jan. through March. call coyotes ALOT
April is a few days hunting turkey in KS.
March through August. make predator calls and Shoot ALOT of prairie dogs
August start bow hunting antelope
September, one weekend of dove shooting and start bow hunting elk and shooting any grouse that I spy while hunting elk October- start going back home,KS. to bow hunt whitetails, if I don't have a mule deer tag
Nov. Dec. upland birds, whitetail hunting mixed in with more coyote calling!
I work 4 10's, so I hunt 3 day weekends alot, often will take an extra day for a 4 day weekend to hunt. I do that 3 weeks a month, I'm on call one week each month, so I can't go hunting then[:@]
Old 07-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer hunt-25-30 days a year (bow and gun)
Bass fish-at least once a week for 2-4 hours, except during hunting season
Turkey hunt-5-6 days a year
Archery-2-3 days a week, all year long
The rest of the time, I'm preparing for hunting season.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, let me try to think;
September 1-September 30th- Dove/Squirrel
October 1-January 31st- White Tails/Rabbits/ Pheasants/Ducks
(mostly deer hunting)-about 2-3 days per week, more if i have vacation time usually during the second week of November.
February-April- Getting REady for the Toms.
April -May-Ill be in Kentucky opening day on April 15-19th, then back to Ohio for opening day there.
June-Aug- Family Time, Maybe some fishing, not too big on fishing.
Then Wait for opening dove season!! Its almost here.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

I'm sorry Silent assasian, BUT I CANT PROVIDE THAT INFO!!!! My wife is on hear sometimes and if she knew the TRUTH, I would be a dead man, LOL!!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Spike

Spring/Summer
>Archery practice
>Deer/elk scouting trips (2-3 trips)
>Fishing
>Rifle sight-in & practice

Fall
>Elk Hunting (bow/rifle; 2 weekends)
>Moose hunt (rifle;1 weekend)
>Deer hunting (bow/rifle; 50-60hrs)
>Predator hunting (coyote/fox/lynx/bear)
>Rabbit Hunting (22LR (white rabbits + no snow = fun, fun, fun)
>Trapping (beaver/coyote/fox/lynx/mink)

Winter
>Predator Hunting (coyote/fox)
>Trapping (snaring mostly)
>Equipment upgrades/maintenance
Old 07-17-2005, 03:27 PM

Oct.1 to Jan.1 bowhunt deer.(Favorite) I do a little bunny huntin until march mixed with icefishing. Then I shed hunt until it gets to green and hot.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Bowhunt&slug hunt gor whitetail.Bowhunt for yotes.Ice fish,bowfish,have a jon boat with jet and like to fish in backwaters for crappie,gills,perch and cats.Also fish for walleyes too.I pretty much do it all for the freezer.Oh yeah I also to to hunt wild pigggys too with bow.