Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer Hunting Has Just Changed! >

Deer Hunting Has Just Changed!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Hunting Has Just Changed!

Old 07-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer Hunting Has Just Changed!

For 10K????????????? That is freekin nuts. If a hunter sucks so bad he needs that to find a deer he doesnt need to be hunting and is no real hunter at all.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't use it, even if I could afford it.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:44 PM

i would use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (for when i go paintballing at night or if the guy is so well hid i cant find him, and other stuff like that. but for hunting got ot my earlier post on page one)
Old 07-15-2005, 04:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just like laser range finders and bino's they give an unfair advantage to the hunter and should be illegal. If you can't see it with your eye and judge it without an aid, it ain't hunting. I don't think topo's are fair either. Using a satilite to hunt, how fair is that?
Old 07-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Any of you guys checked the advertisers list? Right or wrong, the product you're bashing is helping pay for the forum.[&:]
Old 07-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder how much it takes to produce one of those!! I think they should put there money towards soemthing of use.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Any of you guys checked the advertisers list? Right or wrong, the product you're bashing is helping pay for the forum.[&:]
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether they be for or against anyone who sponsors this site. That's the greatest part about living in America.

Old 07-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether they be for or against anyone who sponsors this site. That's the greatest part about living in America.
No argument there, Justin. Just thought it might be good info for the fellers to know, and keep in mind. But it is nice to know that even unfavorable opinions about sponsors' products can be expressed on this forum, as opposed to some other forums I've been on.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thermal Scout thermal imaging equipment is an affordable tool that will aid you in maximizing time and effort while on your hunts. Whether it be recovering an otherwise “lost” animal, or selecting the perfect tree or valley to hunt in
Price: $8,500.00 + S&H
(Illinois residents please add 6.5% State sales tax)

Price: $10,500.00 + S&H
(Illinois residents please add 6.5% State sales tax)
Doesn't sound very affordable to me. Doesn't seem very ethical either. I don't know, but it's not for me.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

You can get night vision much cheaper than that, it just isn't as clear. They go by generations. I believe they are 1st gen, 2nd gen and 3rd gen. Each progressively gets less grainy and clearer. You can get first gen night vision at walmart if you want it.

I don't see what good it would do you to hunt with? Unless you can find a way to mount it to a bow and aim with it. It wouldn't be bad for scouting at night or playing with in the tree stand if you are in your stand real early before it gets light out. I was in the stand one morning and there were two bucks fighting near me, but it was too dark to make them out. A night vision scope would have been cool so I could have watched them. I don't see how it wold help you shoot one though?

I am pretty sure you can get them as a scope for a rifle, but they are pretty expensive. I think some people use them for varmint hunting at night or something. Mostly for sniper type stuff would be my guess though. I had a friend when I was a kid that his dad had a thermal scope on a rifle. You had to have a pack that you carried around with it for it to work. It basically showed a thermal image of what was infront of it. It was pretty cool, you could see mice and other animals in a corn feild at night. Except they were weird colors depending on the amount of heat they gave out. I have no idea what he used it for or how much something like that cost that many years ago.

As far as actually using something like that to hunt deer with, yep, poaching no doubt about it. No different than spot lighting them in my opinion.

Paul
I thought that the night vision stuff needed moonlight or some kind of artificial light or something?I don't know.I do know one thing though,the thermal imageing device that we used to use at work (to find hot spots on HV electric connections)used liquid nitrogen inside it.useless info I know but just thought that I would share

Quick Reply: Deer Hunting Has Just Changed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.