Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drury Outdoors

Old 07-14-2005, 07:48 AM

Default RE: Drury Outdoors

Well with the Dream Season TV series its all about product endorsements for the teams that compete to win the show. So you will see a bit more endorsements. On the videos like Big game 4 and dream season 8, longbeard madness 9&10 you dont see that kind of stuff. Just pure hunting. I like Drury's stuff.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

I was funny to watch them critque the guys on dream season about not wearing "full body lock" and then on their show Terry is hunting the early season with his shirt half way unbuttoned, his sleaves, rolled up, no face mask on, and not a stich of scent blocker in sight.......................lol................... ..................BUT the footage of that buck ripping and romping around the pond was excellent!
My thoughts exactly! and yes...that buck was nuts, reminded me of my dogs

BTW Silent....when did they allow you to become a MOD? We're all in trouble now...LOL (jk) I can't wait til Wolfen finds out![8D]
Old 07-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW Silent....when did they allow you to become a MOD
It's been a few months and I am still not sure what they were thinking[8D]

We're all in trouble now...LOL (jk) I can't wait til Wolfen finds out![8D]
lol....that's funny you mentioned that because I was thinking to myself yesterday, "I wonder were wolfen has been?" He has disappeared again since he killed that big freak nasty of his.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

He's doing good. Had another baby, and busy with life as we all are. It's getting harder and harder to find the time to get on here like we used to. Heck, this is the first week I've had any time to get on since Jan. []

He'll be around, but probably not till closer to the season. Of course, it won't take long for him to be BANNED for life now.

LOL, I'll pass on the good news to him about our newest MODERATOR! [8D]
Old 07-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

He'll be around, but probably not till closer to the season. Of course, it won't take long for him to be BANNED for life now
Wolfie don't have anything to worry about from me. I like wolfen. We have ended up on the opposite side of some issues back in the day but wolfen's a good guy in my book!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

i don't see the show as drury selling out. i see it as drury has been hired by scent blocker, to produce a show, and pimp their product. i don't really believe in the stuff, myself, but i like the show. it gives poeple a little insight to filming a hunt
Old 07-16-2005, 12:04 PM

Don't forget, the American indians used to "smoke" themselves in front of a fire before a hunt, and then they would rub charchol on their bodies, kinda sounds like scent blocker to me. Anything to block out scent from getting to the deer. Swerling winds can be a hunt buster.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:23 PM

I don't think there would be any shows if it weren't for trying to sell products. That being said, I personally like the Drury productions more than all the rest.They're much more professional to me , and I understand they have an agenda with the products and advertising.ALL of them do. To me it's much better than some other shows, like ted nugent's show, where he can't complete a sentence without at least 12 plugs for sponsors, and or 13-29 references to the beast or spirit.I'm just proud the Drury's stuff isstill 100% wild and 100% fair chase. I believe that in itself deserves commendation from all of us...
Old 07-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

i never watched any of last year's dream season, but this year i've seen the first 2 or 3 episodes and i really like the consept of the show but not how much they base there critiques on the scent blocker stuff. but other than that i really liked it.