Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would this be wrong and or illegal? >

Would this be wrong and or illegal?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would this be wrong and or illegal?

Old 07-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Would this be wrong and or illegal?

My friend, Jeff, has thispig that is on an 11 acre horse pasture with some woods and some other crap in there. Hewas just gonna get rid of it, but he got the bright idea to have me bowhunt it. He could be like my guide and tell me where he thinks he should be and everything else. Its a pretty wild hog, he wont let humans get close to him at all. So, it would be a pretty realistic hunt, but with about a 70-80 pound pig. But I was just wondering if this could somehow be illegal or just flat out wrong. But I dont see much difference between this and real bow hunting. What do you guys think of this? Would these be considered non-game animals, so would it be legal?
Old 07-11-2005, 02:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Would this be wrong and or illegal?

No idea about the legal aspect in your state. Is there wild roaming hogs in your state and a season for them ???? I dont think I would have fun shooting a farm hog.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

we have a problem with ferrel hogs here in MO. in the Mark Twain National Forest, there is no season on them, but the conservation wants them hunted out by any means, and any numbers. If you consider this hog to be ferrel, then ethically it would be in the best interest all around to illiminate it. hope this helps.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Check with your local CO or Game Warden , feral pigs are usually considered varmints . Indiana allows you to hunt them all year rond with any weapon .
Old 07-11-2005, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO his land and his pig .
BBQ time

Johnch
Old 07-11-2005, 05:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

That last post brings up a good point. It is his animal and his right to kill it...and eat it...as he sees fit. What does it matter if he puts a pistol to its head or you shoot it with a bow? I sort of wonder how sporting it is going to be though. Just because it doesn't let you get close to it doesn't mean that it won't stand still at 20 yards while you draw back and put a bead on it. If it ran at the sight and/or smell of you then that might be a different story....at least in my opinion.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I vote for the BBQ.

Tom
Old 07-11-2005, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Completely wrap the ribs in tin foil and cook them for 3 hours at 200 degrees then finish them off on the BBQ with your favourite sauce. He owns the pig right ? He can kill it if he wants to.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

1) Double check with the fish & game dept (game wardens) about your buddy's pig on his land. He should be able to do as he pleases about it (allowing you to hunt it).

2) Invite 20 of your best buddies from Hunting.net to Illinois for a pig BBQ!! [8D]

Butch A.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:41 AM

I've got your answers!
We had a small herd of pigs turned wild close to my house. I think someone let them go. I called my GW and asked if we could remove them. He told me that as long as they are wild and not someones personal poperty it was ok. He also said not to trespass.

Also, When I was younger we had the same problem. We had two pigs get out of the pen and were never caught. They ran with the cows for about two years. I took by bow and hunted these pigs one day.( I figured it was the closest thing to a wild boar hunt for me) It ended up being a blast. If its your buddies domestic/wild pig then I aggree with others BBQ TIME!

Quick Reply: Would this be wrong and or illegal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.