Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would this be wrong and or illegal? >

Would this be wrong and or illegal?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would this be wrong and or illegal?

Old 07-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would this be wrong and or illegal?

Yep, bout that Butch. I was Channel 20 news back in the day when that happened.

Feildmouse.....No idea yet.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:34 PM

Don't know what you've decided but I will need a complete broadhead reportwhen your done. that is if you decide to go for it.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good idea, Bees. How far out do you guys think is a good distance that I would have a good chance to get through that tough skin they got? Im only shooting 200fps, if that with a 510 grain arrow. Probably getting close to between 45-49KE. Momentum? Not even gonna think about it. OK. I got a headache. []
Old 07-11-2005, 11:15 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

This will be hunting. We helped a guy chase down a piggie that had gotten loose for 3 months. My gawd was it wild. It hid and lived in the cattails in a good sized dried up slough. Tooks us a couple hours of running it to tire it out. There were 4 of us. We only saw it a few times in that 2 hours and it would be just a glimpse of it. You more orless keptrunning trails andchasing it by sound. The subject of just shooting it come up a lot as we were all beat and getting flustered. We finally got it tired and managed to chase it out of the slough.Two guys hopped on4 wheeler and I ran along side the pig so it was inbetween us. Idove on it and tackled it as it was heading for an even bigger cattail slough. Once it got in there, it would have been a lost cause.I had it's head pinned to the ground with my forearms across it's neck.Boy was Igetting a close of view of it choppers. It was pissed off to say the least.One of the guys on the 4-wheeler got a hold of it's back legs. Pig only weighed 225 lbs live but it put up a good fight and it knew what it's teeth were for!! Had it not been tired, I think there would have been a muchdifferent out come and the piggie would have gotten the best of us. Next time if they everwas a next time, it was decided that it would be shot!!

Tim
Old 07-12-2005, 04:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

What would you do with him, or don't I want to know?
NODOG: After observing your comments in a couple threads, it would appear you have a tendency to assume the worst will come from people. Fact is, if you're looking for slobs and people who would throw meat away.... you're on the wrong site. This is a site of 99% hunters and people who love the treats from wild meats. Rarely will you find anyone even suggesting such things as killing for killing sake and wasting the spoils. Give the boy a break.

It was a joke. I have told him on many occasions that I find his comments (which I took to be his humor) funny as well. A great many people unless I have misinterpreted them feel the same about cardeer.

It's just the way I communicate and it's always been a problem for me. I'll try to do better. I hold you in a high regard and your opinion means some thing to me. Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Cardeer

I'm sorry if I have offended you. I find you one of the most creative and original people here and I have been only trying to keep up with you and be like a straight man for because I can't get enough of your comments. I think most here feel the same way.

For the record I thought you might want to keep it as a pet, or say so in your own way which I'm sure would have been funny (at least to me).
Old 07-12-2005, 04:55 AM
Dominant Buck

OH... well excuse me. Me the king of snide remarks didn't recognize one when I saw it. Oh well, I guess I was just being protective of the youngun. They're so impressionable you know.[8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 07-12-2005, 04:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

OH... well excuse me. Me the king of snide remarks didn't recognize one when I saw it. Oh well, I guess I was just being protective of the youngun. They're so impressionable you know.[8D][8D][8D][8D]
No biggy. Like I said, your not the first to give ne this advise. *** ***
Old 07-12-2005, 07:42 AM

Depending on how wild it is-- I used the cows as cover. I was able to sneak up on it to about 10-15 yrds using the cows. Once they cleared it was an open shot. You will find out how small the kill zone on a pig is. Your set up will be fine. I used an old pearson compound pulling about 50 lbs with heavy aluminum arrows. That old thing only shot 180fps or so and I sill got a pass thru.

good luck.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

I vote for the BBQ w/ a kegger and maybe a little Texas Hold 'Em party.

Quick Reply: Would this be wrong and or illegal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.