Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Maxima
34.78%
Gold Tip Xt
65.22%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Gold tip vs CX

Old 07-08-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Gold tip vs CX

Ok if money wasnt an issue what one gold tip xt hunter or cx maxima?
Old 07-08-2005, 02:05 PM

Default RE: Gold tip vs CX

If money wasn't an issue neither one of them to be honest.

Paul
Old 07-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have never tried Goldtip so I guess my vote would be for the CXs though Paul brings up a good point.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another vote for ......."If money was no object"......neither.

If it was an all carbon shaft between the two manufacturers with that criteria I'd pick the GT Pro Hunters.

Of the 2 mentioned the GT XT's (regardless, put bushings and better nocks in whichever you choose)

Old 07-08-2005, 08:07 PM

I voted for the Gold Tip XT arrows because I have not shot the CX's. Idid not likethe Gold Tips though.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:22 PM

I voted for the Maximas even though I have not tried them yet. I shoot the CX's and have been very happy with them so since the Maximas are another Carbon Express product, I would probably like them. I shot the GT's before and was not impressed with them after ready all the hooplah on the forums. If money were no object, I'm sure there are better arrows out there. As Matt / PA said, I put the Eastman G-Nocks and bushings in my CX's now. At the very least, they help prevent "Robin Hooding" an arrow.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:48 PM

Gold tips would probably be the way to go but are close in quality to the CX
Old 07-08-2005, 09:04 PM

Ok well since evryone says if money werent the issue, then forget these two what hunting arrow would you all get acc?
Old 07-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

My hunting arrow of choice is the Gold Tip Pro Hunters.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:42 AM

If money was not an object, yes something along that lines. It's just that the two arrows you listed are sort of average bargain carbon arrows. If money was not a concern I would look at the more expensive better carbons by either company. They would probably be pretty equal, just depends on which brand you like better.

In the price range you listed I would probably shoot bemans or nitro stingers instead of the other two. However for the money I would just stick with aluminums. That is personal thing with me though.

From what I have seen and heard, me personally between those two I would pick Carbon Express over Gold Tip. The GT's seem to be really popular, but I don't always hear good things about them. I have never shot them though so it is really not my place to bad mouth them. They can't be all crap or they wouldn't sell as many as they do.

Paul

Quick Reply: Gold tip vs CX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.