Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hunting on sunday >

hunting on sunday

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting on sunday

Old 07-07-2005, 07:06 PM

Default hunting on sunday

Hello, I am from Va and here we can not hunt on Sunday. I know theres been alot of threads on this in other forums but I would like to put it in the bowhunting forum because alot of people come in here. But it makes me sick that we cannot hunt on Sunday. I mean who owns Sunday but we the people. Its crazy. We just got the crossbow passed but it wont matter because the working man dont even have time to hunt but on Saturday. i mean we can go to church before or after we go hunting. There has to be something we can do if we could just get all the people together. i know the majority of peoplewould like to hunt on Sunday. Sorry, just had to vent
Old 07-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting on sunday

You sound just like Ted Nugent
Old 07-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just don't get that entire Sunday hunting ban in the first place! I hope your state will somday loosen that reg! Is that supposed to force all of you guys to go to church???
Old 07-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Dang!! Living in the Stone-age!!

Well it seems to me that somebody ought to start a grass roots campain to get the law changed, If allot of hunters started calling their Congressmen, and Representives offices and email systems to get the campain started, get any State achery orgs involved and any hunting clubs, heck get any and all sportsman you can find!!, GET IT STARTED BRO!!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with .270win on this one.... We in Virginia have the stupid, archaic, no hunting on Sunday ban. I think it originated back in 1877 but can't be sure. It is leftover from the old colonial "blue laws" and junk that have no place in this day and age.

Check out this image and you'll see the other state who can't hunt on Sundays. There's only about 7 and a few are slowly coming around and allowing it on certain land and in certain circumstances.

There's a ton of threads about Sunday hunting with all the people supporting it. PA and VA have senate bills in the works to hopefully allow hunting on a Sunday. We'll see...

Butch A.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:37 PM

i hunt and then go to church the sunday ban in dum
Old 07-07-2005, 07:38 PM

i know how you feel 270, i live in ma. they been trying to open sundays for hunting for years, i dont see why we cant, its we the sportsmen who pay for the land ,that we should be able to use for atleast 4 months of the year, some people work so much these days the only time they can hunt is weekends, for what one day its not fare, they brought up for ma. if its the noise then strickley bow hunt on that day only witch is fine for me cause thats my passion!!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

You don,t want to kill them Devil deer do ya?? lol. I guess to make lemonaid out of lemons it gives the game a pressure break. Six hours of peace and quiet in a deer stand gives a man alot of time to chat with God. When I hunt on sundays I just take Jesus with me!
Old 07-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I was clueless as to this rule. It seems senseless in this day and age of diversity and and politically correct b.s.
You can't hunt on Sundays because of the Lords day? I am assuming, why are we not suppose to say Merry Christmas but Happy holidays instead. Anyone else know what I am saying. And I really am in shock if you can't hunt your own land.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

I'm glad that I can hunt on Sundays here in Michigan. I feel sorry for hunters with 9-5 Mon-Fri jobs in those states that can't hunt on Sundays. One day a week to hunt???

Quick Reply: hunting on sunday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.