Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you think hunting over baited corn is right? >

Do you think hunting over baited corn is right?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES
62.65%
NO
37.35%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think hunting over baited corn is right?

Old 07-06-2005, 10:07 PM

Default RE: Do you think hunting over baited corn is right?

ORIGINAL: Moose75

One could say the same for shooting deer with a high powered rifle. Does that bother you to? Or how bout planting food plots? Or using calls or scents to lure them in?
I do notagree withany of the above. I have no problem if someone does, but Iwon't take part in it.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:09 PM

so you just kill deer going to corn rather than hunt right on it lol
Old 07-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zak123

ORIGINAL: Moose75

One could say the same for shooting deer with a high powered rifle. Does that bother you to? Or how bout planting food plots? Or using calls or scents to lure them in?
I do notagree withany of the above. I have no problem if someone does, but I won't take part in it.
I use scents and calls dont get me wrong but i am against high powered rifles. I mean whats the fun shooting at a deer half a mile away?
Old 07-06-2005, 10:12 PM

I just dont see the "sport" in that. One could say the same for shooting deer with a high powered rifle. Does that bother you to? Or how bout planting food plots? Or using calls or scents to lure them in? All the same its giving you an unfair advantage to kill the animal. I call it hunting. Its fun. this is why we are humans and they are animals.
I agree moose. Their is absolutely no difference between a pile of corn and a food plot, deer scent, grunt tube, or rattling antlers. It is simply another tool some people can utilize. If we could use rifles here in Illinois, I would never have a year of not filling my tags. I have no problem with any method being used that the state allows. It really is a matter of personal opinion, on whether it is "sporting".
Old 07-06-2005, 10:46 PM

It isn't wrong nor is it unethical.

It's not something I agree with and it isn't something I plan on doing, but if someone wishes to "hunt" that way then who am I to tell them they are wrong?

This debate pops up every so often and I for one am tired of it. This is my first and final post in this thread.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it's legal and it's your cup of tea , then NO , I dont think it's wrong.

Wrong = starting a baiting thread , which always turns into a heated debate , without just using the search function to get an idea how others feel about it.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bwhunter501
i am against high powered rifles. I mean whats the fun shooting at a deer half a mile away?
At 880yds. (1/2 mile) there is moreshooting skill involved than just being "fun". I for one would be proud to say I shot one at that distance. All the practice, judging wind and knowing the exact range would've paid off.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:19 AM

Hunting over corn isn't very challenging however if your goal is to fill doe tags and the freezer with meat, its very effective

Is large deer drives with a dozen people "right" ?
Hunting with a rifle ......... is that "right" ?
Hunting a natural food source thats drawing deer like magnets .... "right" ?
Fenced ranches ....... "right" ?
Old 07-07-2005, 12:31 AM

There's so much food around where I hunt, I have yet to see a deer over corn piles except on pics. What's the difference between hunting over the 1 acre clover plot I planted and the corn I pile out on the ground? Anyone?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:55 AM
Fork Horn

I don't feel that it's wrong as long as it's legal where you hunt. getting the deer in is hard enough. After that you have to stand, position yourself, draw and release without spooking a deer that is usually no closer than 30 yards at the most. Good luck...

Quick Reply: Do you think hunting over baited corn is right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.