Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pse shooters

Old 07-06-2005, 06:49 PM

Default pse shooters

Went out to my truck tonite and found out my bow , case, and all my arrows and release were stolen. I shot a pse carrera. Just wondering if anybody has shot this bow , or would know which pse bow would be comparable. I really hate having to look for another bow , because that was such a good bow for me. I might even see if I can find another one online that is used.
I would appreciate any info. thanks
Old 07-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: pse shooters

I just bought a New PSE Venom for a family member and it shoots as well as my Mathews Outback, the Venom has a smooth draw, solid wall, and very little hand shock, its a great bow, I'm about to buy another one for my daughter....
Old 07-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Host of Hosts

Barry, sorry to hear about your loss. Some people are just downright nasty, can't leave their hands off of things that don't belong to them. Anyway I don't have any idea what is comparable to your specific PSE, but I have a PSE "The Beast" that I bought new last year in early October. I was thinking of selling it due to my wife being off work on a disability and no money coming in yet. I shot it about 50 times. It has been sitting in the case for 9 months. I can't make up my mind though.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:36 PM

dude that sucks. i would kill someone.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:05 PM

Seriously check out the Pearson PRIDE I think it's comparable if not quite! a bit better.

I shoot the Stingray - I love it but it's a beast on cables.
I also shoot the AR 34 Ram and a half. Veery nice bow but costs more than the Pearson.

I shot the mathews Legacy - Similar in weight to the Carrera but still the cost is more.

The new SQ32 by Bear might be worth looking into but I havn't a clue as to ow it shoots.

You might even look at the AR 37 (not Ram and a half) I hear it's a great bow.

Good luck hunting

Sorry 'bout your loss!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I really hate having to look for another bow , because that was such a good bow for me. I might even see if I can find another one online that is used.
Send me a private message if you are interested. I know of a place that has a brand new Carrera at about 1/2 to 3/5 the regular price. I believe it was the newest model with the Ultra single cam....if that was what it was called.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:50 AM

I shoot a carerra also and love that bow. If you want another carerra, look on archerytalk.com. I've seen several on there recently, some as low as $125 shipped !!!!

If I were buying a brand new bow to replace it and money was a factor, I would go with the firestorm hybrid..............money not being a factor I would go with the Browning Illusion (PSE makes Browning and Archery Research, in case you didn't know) or the PSE Vengeance hybrid. I'd take that Illusion over any bow on the market today................yes Mathews fans, even over the glorious switchback
Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

man that sucks.....

i also shoot the pse carrera, and i love it too. ya might look on ebay, sometimes theres a steal on there.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Spike

i have a vengeance with hybrid cams and absolutely love it
Old 07-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Barry55

Went out to my truck tonite and found out my bow , case, and all my arrows and release were stolen. I shot a pse carrera. Just wondering if anybody has shot this bow , or would know which pse bow would be comparable. I really hate having to look for another bow , because that was such a good bow for me. I might even see if I can find another one online that is used.
That's what I shoot.
I like it.
Don't know if it's still the best technology out there or not.

I shot a Martin Cougar II for 20 years before that so I had no particular loyalty to any brand and was really looking for a Mathews when I bought mine. Advertising, what can I say.

I went from pro shop to pro shop because I'm no mechanic and wanted it set up right and I wanted them to take their time so I could watch it done. I told them that right up front. No dickering on the price at all.

All I ask the guy to do after they each gave me their schtick about how much they knew and how good the bow they were trying to sell me was to get out any bow of their choice, including their own if that was what they were telling me was the best in the house and shoot three X's in a row.

Do that and the bow is sold. Everything just the way you shoot it. Sights, pins, peep, a dozen arrows, what ever you carry to the line and use to shoot three X's in the row. Just write it up.

I had one single person take me up on it and even shoot. I searched every archery shop from Bedford IN to North of Indianapolis.

I bought a PSE Carrera that day and couldn't be happier with every aspect of it several years later.

Quick Reply: pse shooters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.