HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bowtech Extreme VFT (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/104750-bowtech-extreme-vft.html)

utah300rum 07-05-2005 10:14 PM

Bowtech Extreme VFT

I am not familiar with the bowtech line at all. I have a guy trying to sell or trademe a new 2004 bowtech extreme vft. It is new in the box, he won it at a Sportmans banquet and decided he did not want to try bowhunting. It is the bare bow never been shot. He has a certificate to set the draw length at no charge from a pro shop.

It looks like it is a discontinued bow which makes me a little nervous. I looked up the specs on ebay. It looks like a good bow on paper but I have no experience with bowtech.I have a 26.5" draw length and am not a real great shooter. The bow looks like a speed bow with a short brace height but an ok ATA. I have been told since my draw length is short a shorter brace height is not as critical.

I can buy the bow for $450 or trade for some work that will cost about $200 and a few hours of work.

Two main questions

Is this a good deal? and would this bow be suitable for an intermediate (at best) archer?

zak123 07-05-2005 10:29 PM

RE: Bowtech Extreme VFT

Yes it is a good deal, especially the $200 deal. You should do the work that way you have$250 extra to spend on accessories.The fact that it is discontinued means nothing. If the draw length fits you it should be a great bow, even for a beginner.

nubo 07-05-2005 10:34 PM

Let's just put it this way ,The Extreme VFT is an awsome bow and you'll never have to replace this bow for year's to come .The deal your speaking of would be like stealing this bow ,so I'd go for it ,it's top of the line .450.00 is cheap but to do a little work is even better ,if I were you I'd grab it .
This bow is a win win for you.go for it .

nubo

PABowhntr 07-06-2005 05:15 AM

I would agree with the others. The EX VFT is an excellent bow and was in Bowtech's lineup for a few years. In my opinion, the only reason it was discontinued is because the Patriot single cam was so similar in specs to it yet the Patriot SC had a slightly larger brace height thus making it a bit more forgiving for the hunting crowd.

I think you are getting an excellent deal.

Dens228 07-06-2005 07:47 AM

I used to get a new bow every year. I have a 2003 Extreme VFT, I have no plans to get rid of it for any new bow.

RIStrutStopper 07-06-2005 08:19 AM

I have a relatively short draw length, 27.5"and I have an '03 Extreme VFT and love it. It is my first "modern" bow, my last one was a 20 year old Browning. I picked up the BowTech and you would never know I gave up shooting for a dozen years... I have no plans to get rid of it any time soon. I think you're getting a good deal.

JARED_LA 07-06-2005 03:12 PM

Take the $200 deal and buy quality accessories. Great bow! Still the fastest single cam on the market.

buckeye 07-06-2005 04:41 PM

How could you not pick up a bow for that price with those specs and thatis so beautiful. It almost makes me misty eyed when I reminisce about my old Extreme VFT....... we have been separated since early 04:(:D[/align]

Screamingeagle 07-08-2005 09:46 PM

I would buy that bow in a heart beat, especially at the price you can get it for. I bought one earlier this year on closeout for $450 and its one of the best bows I have ever shot or owned. Prior to buying it I have owned Martin, PSE, Storm, Bear, Oneida, and have shot Mathews, Hoyt, Reflex, and a few others all this year. This is by far the best bow for me and I really don't think you can go wrong with this bow. Its fast, quite, has no recoil, and at 55 yards I can put 6 arrows in a 6" circle without much effort. The parallell limbs I think are the key here and I can honestly say I will never buy another bow that does not have a parallell configuration. As a matter of fact, shortly after I bought this bow I seriously considered trying to get another one for a backup. Had a hard time trying to justify the expense since I bought and sold all these other bows, some at a loss so I was behind monetarily so I didn't do it.

I will say this, I will watching for Bowtech closeouts next year in hopes of snatching any Bowtech bow at a discount. You just can't beat em IMHO!