Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 the Dream Season ?   puked my guts out >

the Dream Season ? puked my guts out

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the Dream Season ? puked my guts out

Old 07-05-2005, 08:58 PM

Default the Dream Season ? puked my guts out

I watched that show for 30 minutes tonight and hated it to the core. They critiqued on scent control because Scent Blocker is their sponsor, they put filming the hunt over a good shot and excellent setup on elk, they showed at elast 3 shots that got like 4" of penetration ............ I'll not be watching that one again.

But in comparison, Jack Brittinghams elephant hunt was a joke too, and Buckmasters wasa waste of time as well. Only Primos seemed semi real and that was because they seem to love the hunting and the deer and thats whats lacking in the others IMO.

I remember why I quit watching all those shows now [:'(]
Old 07-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the Dream Season ? puked my guts out

Sorry to hear you puked your guts out. Guess you can go back to watching Desperate Houswives.
I like the show myself.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:23 PM

datamax, i am with u![:'(] i thought the whole scent control spill was crap! they have a great set-up on a bull(small at that) and what do u here? changed clothes to much, no head gear! and then they say this team was the only team to harvest an elk![:-] wow they must of done a few things right!
i felt the same way about tonights line-up, not to good. i have gotten to where i can't watch some of those shows![:'(]i just hate all the editing, u only see the game the shot and them sitting with the game. i like primos, they tell tou why the are in the tree they picked. and u see some of the goofs, like the doe shot! i just like it more real. maybe i just am differant, but texas hunts just seem to bore me on t.v. it maybe differant when u are the one hunting?[&:]
Old 07-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

Manboy,

I agree withyou 100% on what you said aboutboth the Dream Season and Primos shows (definately oneof the only ones I feel is worth actually sitting down and watching on outdoor channel any more)and all the Texas hunts ain't my cup of tea either.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:46 PM

A guy sitting in a treestand on public land waiting to blast a 1 1/2 year old 4 pointer aint my cup of tea either.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:35 PM

I only watch three shows. Primos, Archers Choice, and Spirit of the Wild. Occasionally I will watch The Drury boys, but not dream season.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah , there are certain things I like to see in a video too , but I also realize that Dream Season is a series with a time slot. Probably alot of editing done to get it down to their time slot , and most of the time the editing is done by the network. I like the whole concept of the team challenge thing , it makes it more interesting than the rest of the ho-hum hunting/infomercial shows.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:51 PM

A guy sitting in a treestand on public land waiting to blast a 1 1/2 year old 4 pointer aint my cup of tea either.
That 4 pointer is by FAR a better trophy than your pen raised 140" 8 point "management" buck !! LOL - and THAT is exactly why I am beginning to hate outdoor TV. They are NOT helping the cause of hunting, they're prostituting it
Old 07-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Fork Horn

Prostituting? They are no different now then they were before. If you dont like them there is an easy solution to the problem. Dont watch them. Maybe you wont "puke" anymore.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:17 AM

shuler44 Its very far from what I consider hunting. Its killing, its deer farming .......... many of the TV shows are not Hunting as I know it nor Hunting as I'd like the rest of the world to know. As I have said before, if this is what Hunting is to be ......... I want no part of it.

Quick Reply: the Dream Season ? puked my guts out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.