Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 the Dream Season ?   puked my guts out >

the Dream Season ? puked my guts out

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the Dream Season ? puked my guts out

Old 07-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the Dream Season ? puked my guts out

ORIGINAL: AmanitaVerna

Change the channel .... or better yet, get off the couch and go do something.

When I do watch hunting shows, I like the Drury's.. Archer's Choice.. Realtree Roadtrips.. but my very favorite is the Outdoor Moments. They had an entire show dedicated to shooting woodchucks.. I loved it.

The worst hunting show is any show that features turkey hunting. (ugh)

Anyhow, you boys enjoy arguing over tv shows... I'll be out shooting stuff. (you should try it!)

I would be out shooting if it wasn't 100 degrees everyday when I get home. I'll shoot just before dark when it cools down to around 95.

Old 07-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry about that quote mess up. What I was trying to say is that I would go shoot after work if it wasn't 100 degrees when I get home. I will shoot sometimes right before dark when it gets down to 95.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Grizzlyman.. that's what night bowfishing is for. [8D]
You live in a good area for bowfishing too!

Old 07-06-2005, 02:00 PM

I haven't been in early enough in the evenings to lately to catch Dream Season but I did like last years show. I was under the impression that all teams picked were going to be everyday Joe hunters (amatures) but I guess not. I assume the winners will probably be like last year. PROS. I guess their pros though.. I mean just because they kill big deer makes them pros. Well I know alot of people that kill big deer regularly and don't do it on hunting ranches. Most all of these shows are w/ outfitters. I mean any guy who has never hunted and suddenly decides he would like a big buck to hang on the wall can most generally pay a guide enough money and get one. And those people that stand up on there soap box and preach this crap about I don't shoot it unless it's at least 180'' well good for you. You'll probably only kill 1 buck in your lifetime. I mean seriously unless your paying a outfitter or deer farmer to put you on one how many 180+ deer do you think you'll kill in your lifetime. You should have your own show. Most all the bucks I see killed on these shows don't even break the out of the 140's. And most are in the 120-130 class. I like to hold out for the big buck ,but most generally take home a deer in the 120-130 class too and I think that is a very respectable deer if you've done your own homework and earned that deer honestly. There is just alot of HYPE and B[:'(]LLSH[&o]T associated w/ deer hunting now. It has completely taken away from the true sport of BOWHUNTING not TROPHY BOWHUNTING. Well I might have gotten off of the subject of the shows but I've been reading all these posts lately about BIG DEER and THE PROS and had to put my 2 cents in wrong or right.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:22 PM

That was an excellent post HNIJustin, well said and I agree with all your thoughts.

My opinion so far on Dream Season 2 - not near as interesting as last year and the pushing of products does seem to be increasing. But I guess this is a business for them while we all hunt for a hobby.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:51 PM

Hey all, don't post very often but had to put in my two cents also. Caught the second season of dream season last night and was absolutely digusted with amount of emphasis put on wearing scent lok clothing. That just turned me off from the show right there and I absolutely loved the show last season. Primo's Truth is by far the best hunting show on the Outdoor Channel. Those guys have genuine fun in hunting. For those guys it is all about the hunt.

I am not going to get into the debate about where hunting shows are going, but I agree with a lot of what is being said that some of the shows (not all) are spending too much time hunting on ranches and with outfitters.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is is about the emphasis on scent control that is turning you off from the show? Is it the fact that you don't believe it works, or the fact that you dont' believe the contest should be judged based upon how well a team performs in regards to proper scent control techniques?

The thing that I don't get is that people complain that this competition is all about shooting big bucks while hunting with an outfitter and that's wrong, but then they put the focus elswhere and people say the reason they don't watch the show is that there is too much emphasis placed on scent control clothing and products.

I guess you can never please everybody.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry for this off topic comment but I just had to say...

GizzMaN! You da man!

If God wanted me to be a vegetarian, he would have made venison taste like brocoli...

ROTFLMAO
Old 07-06-2005, 05:10 PM

Well when a show is putting more emphasis on wearing scent lok clothing then the actual hunt, then there is something wrong. You are putting the product before everything else. Scent control is important, but since when does wearing Scent Lok actually determine that you are performing "proper" scent control? I am not trying to start a debate, but I am sorry, Scent Lok is not the necessity you need to hunt with as the show would make you think.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:28 PM

cardeer gets it

jsasker- I couldn't have my own show because I dont think I would hunt all those places and feel good about shooting buck after buck, especially the rifle hunt shows where they just sit in a blind and watch dozens of dozens of bucks before picking one out.

G2 Shooter gets it

AmanitaVerna thats another point. Thats the first TV I've watched in about 3 months. Can anyone else say that ? My new place has me balls to the wall and 55-60 hour work weeks (nights) on top of that. And the first hunting show I watch is Dream Season ?

[:'(][:'(][:'(]

HNIJustin The scent control thing is a farse. Why ? Te very first thing they pointed out in each hunt was the scent control. Piss on that, look at the HUNT, the preperation, the attitude of the guys, the success they have prior to the kill/shot and afterwards .......... but no, because Scent Blocker is their sponsor they are bound to them. Its sad - they sold their Hunting sould to their sponsor. Look at the teams that they bashed for scent control - they were successful none the less, were they not ? Almost every bit as successful as the " pro " hunters without all the money backing them. That tells me a LOT, and gains me even more respect for those doing it themselves vs those taking every shortcut in the world so they can kill and fill tags

I guess you can never please everybody.
Primos does, don't they ?

Lucius111 gets it

Quick Reply: the Dream Season ? puked my guts out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.