Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bowtech for mathews >

bowtech for mathews

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowtech for mathews

Old 07-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default bowtech for mathews

i'm thinking of selling my bowtech mighty mite and getting a mathews switchback. i was wondering about how smooth the switchback shoots compared to my mighty mite and also what kind of speed i can expect from the switchback my draw length is 27 in and 70lb thanks in advance for your help.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:18 PM

Default RE: bowtech for mathews

Try them out and see for yourself.

You did not give us enough information to determine your speed. You could be anywhere from 100 fps to 300 fps. What weight arrows are you shooting?
Old 07-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

i already have the mighty mite and was going to sell it and get a switchback and my arrows are about 370gr and i'm currently shooting with the bowtech around 280 285 and the reason i'm asking is because its not easy for me to try out a mathews because the nearest dealer is a 100 miles thanks.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:08 PM

Your going to have to go to the dealer to buy it. Bring your Bowtech there and shoot them side by side. If you like the Mathew's get it.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:40 PM

i like zak123 answer
Old 07-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can,t go wrong with a mathews but I can,t imagine there being much speed difference or quality. Why don,t you like your bowtech?
Old 07-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

i'm not saying i don't like my bowtech its just i like to try diffrent stuff and was wondering if there was a diffrence in these bows and i was wondering if i could get any info here before driving 100 milesto trying a mathews out.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think the speed between the two is going to be very comparable, assuming similar setups, though I might still give a slight edge to the Mighty Mite. Consequently though it also does exhibit a bit more recoil upon release than the Switchback. We are talking about the low end of the spectrum here though so that is a highly subjective observation.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:29 PM

That is what I was thinking. I own a mighty might as well and have shot a few mathews bows before when I was shopping around. I didn't shoot that bow though. I don't know how close the speeds would be, but I would bet the mathews will have less recoil and vibration on the shot. It will probably feel different in your hand as well. I like the bowtech grips compared the mathews, but I have small hands.

I would compare the two side by side for sure before you buy one. The bowtech is also more adjustable being that they take modules and have a post adjustment vrs being cam specific for draw length. The mathews may draw smoother as well. But you could get a justice or even change cams on yours maybe if you wanted a smoother draw. I think the justice and mighty might are the same bows, just with different cams.

Paul
Old 07-02-2005, 06:17 PM

I was shooting bows today and I was quite impressed with the switchback. I also liked the bowtech allegiance. I felt they were very similar. I also shot the Hoyt
V-tec and the Ultratec. I've always been a Hoyt guy, but I got to admit I like the switchback and the allegiance better. I will probably get the Switchback because it is 100 bucks cheaper than the allegiance. They were so close in my opinion the bowtech isnt worth the extra money to me. So before you give up on bowtech check out that allegiance. Nice bow. Good luck!!!

Quick Reply: bowtech for mathews

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.