Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Holy crap that was close. >

Holy crap that was close.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Holy crap that was close.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Holy crap that was close.

Plays with broadheads?
Oneida shooter?

It's all adding up now.

Did you take the short bus to school DK?
Old 07-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Spike

Dont feel bad Dairy King,
When I was 15 I decided to take some Thunderhead 125's off my arrows and throw some field points on for practice. I left a broadhead on top of my desk by my school stuff. I woke up late and was rushing around in my room to get dressed so I would not miss the bus. I am running around in my boxers on and nothing else and grab the broadhead off my desk to go put in my bow case. I was in such a hurry that I never seen my backpack on the floor. I tripped over my backpack with the Thunderhead in my hand and dropped the broadhead on the floor. As I stumbled in mid air my right foot came right down on the broadhead. I only thing I felt was pressure in my foot. I sit on the floor and lift up my foot and one blade was all the way imbedded in the ball of my foot. The other two blades were sticking out perfectly. When I pulled out the broadhead it looked like a crime scene in my room. Make a long story shorter, I ended up missing the bus and that day of school. I got 6 stitches and knew that this broadhead had good penetration. I learned never to leave broadheads laying around as paper waits. Thanks for listening and happy hunting
Old 07-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sit on the floor and lift up my foot and one blade was all the way imbedded in the ball of my foot. The other two blades were sticking out perfectly. When I pulled out the broadhead it looked like a crime scene in my room.

Ouch!!!

Hey WBH82 , where ya from in Wi?
Old 07-01-2005, 11:39 PM

Sooo, the last 2 posts of yours on here you
1) Shot one of your buddies bows and it jumped out of your hands and bounced off the floor.
and
2) You were playing with broadheads and you cut your finger.

I either wouldn't do these things or wouldn't tell anyone if I did.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep. Everyong goes through a learning curve, granted most of it is common sense, Im just learning it all at once. [&:]
Old 07-02-2005, 04:06 AM
Spike

Hey WBH82 , where ya from in Wi?
I grew up in Wind Lake, WI. Where I stay when I am in WI is New Berlin. I do not live in WI now because I am in the Air Force so the military has me stationed in Valdosta, GA. At least I can bowhunt down there. Where are u from
Old 07-02-2005, 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Dairy King

Yep. Everyong goes through a learning curve
Yea, when they are about two years old.

1. If you don't want to drop it, hold it
2. Don't play with sharp objects

Your the kind of guy that touched the stove after your mother told you it was hot, right?
Old 07-02-2005, 09:47 AM

Ahh crap happens, if you haven't cut yourself with something sharp for a stupid reason ya jsut aren't trying hard enough Never have done it with a broadhead but have done it with a boning knife when I worked at a meat locker. That sucker hurt bad but the reward was that when I went to get it stitched up the person said, wow, that was a sharp knife. What a nice compliment, I had just been sharepening it right before I cut myself, Chalked it up to a job well done...

In all seriousness, the more you are around sharp objects the more likely you are to cut yourself. It is just a matter of exposure, now, cutting paper for fun with a broadhead is probably one of the stranger ones I have heard it isn't as bad as the guy who did it shaving hair off his arm to test the blades sharpness. They were not very sharp but left one nasty scar when they caught and dug.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea right I,m sure when the knife dug in he just kept hacking away sawing and sliceing to leave this "NASTY" scar. Get real![:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 07-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, Motown, IL Rancher just made that up. I know him, I chat with him often, actually, he's not one to make stuff up like that.

Yeah, well, Anthony, atleast I didn't get my butt kicked by a little ole cow. [8D]How's the shoulders?

Quick Reply: Holy crap that was close.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.