Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Scentlock suits?...gimmic or the real deal? >

Scentlock suits?...gimmic or the real deal?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scentlock suits?...gimmic or the real deal?

Old 09-22-2002, 09:07 AM

Default Scentlock suits?...gimmic or the real deal?

I've been eyeballing the scentlock suits. With all the new products on the market aimed at suckering the hunting public just to make a buck...Are these things for real???........Fletch

KEEP THE WIND IN YOUR FACE.... FLETCH
Old 09-22-2002, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scentlock suits?...gimmic or the real deal?

i cant say if any of it works but i dont think its needed...every year fall turkey hunting or squirrell hunting we see tons of deer...many of which have nice nice racks upon their heads...and we are sweating and have blood on our hands....guns smell from being shot and oiled...we just cry out human....and every year them deer are all close...my dad had an 8 pt about to walk on his legs but he jumped at the buck and scared it before he did...i dont think its really needed
Old 09-22-2002, 09:46 AM

Spend your money on them if you like. For me, I have not needed them in the past, and do not need to spend the money on them in the future. They are not "magic wands" that make you invisible. I keep to the basics......good hygene with anti bacterial soap,wash clothes in baking soda and air dry and above all......Keep the wind in my face! I get a nice buck and several does every year this way. I am sure you will get several opinions on this. We have debated this topic several times in the past. To each his own.....if they give you confidence and you have the money, then by all means buy one. I for one am not falling for the marketing on this one.
Old 09-22-2002, 11:53 AM

They work, but they do not take the place of hunting with the right wind. Don't put to much faith into one of these suits.

Hunt the thickets