Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters >

Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters

Old 07-03-2005, 01:15 PM

Default RE: Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters

ORIGINAL: shuler44

you came in starting by saying you didnt like how the trophy hunter treated the other guy,
Correct...........do you agree or disagree with the way he was treated?

It's now gotten to things like "shooting a buck on the first day is no challenge" Maybe i shouldent even go on the first day if thats the thining
Can you show me where I said that??..........or are you making things up again

I'll help you out..........What I said was in response to others posts saying that shooting the first buck that walks by is no challenge and it would cut short the whole "whitetail experience". My question was If the lack of a challenge is your reason for passing a young buck at 7:20am opening day..........then why is it any different for a mature buck? If the challenge was truely the reason for not shooting buck A..........then the same would logically hold true for buck B.

and luck...It's a apart of hunting, so i wish people would quite going on about getting a big buck is luck.
You prefer the more dramatic version?
Old 07-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

you have to make everything so complicated. No i dont agree with what that guy did, but your worse then he is. If a monster deer walks by you on day one are going to pass it. I wouldent, and i also kill a lot of does. I guess i can make up some of the experience with thiem.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Rack-attack

No man.............LOL....shoot..........SHOOT...Then SHOOT again....
So it's not about the challenge then?

but if he is going to walk up to me blind deaf and dumb
Wow that is weird..............I thought that was reason always given for not shooting a young buck.......you know.......no challenge and all

Old 07-03-2005, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: shuler44

you have to make everything so complicated. No i dont agree with what that guy did, but your worse then he is.
How's that?? Please feel free to show me and everyone else where I have told anyone else how they should hunt. Feel free to skip over all my posts quoting me saying I have no problem with the way anyone else hunts as long as it is legal and safe.

If a monster deer walks by you on day one are going to pass it.
Are you even reading the same thread??
Old 07-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll help you out..........What I said was in response to others posts saying that shooting the first buck that walks by is no challenge and it would cut short the whole "whitetail experience". My question was If the lack of a challenge is your reason for passing a young buck at 7:20am opening day..........then why is it any different for a mature buck? If the challenge was truely the reason for not shooting buck A..........then the same would logically hold true for buck B.
If common senseis so common I would have thoughteveryone would have it.... Atlas just doesn't get it, nor will he ever get it.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

There seems to ALWAYS be one of these threads going on here. Bicker, whine, cry, cry... "meat hunter" vs. "trophy hunter". [:'(] It certainly gets OLD! [:@]

Shut up and HUNT!
Old 07-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

If common senseis so common I would have thoughteveryone would have it.... Atlas just doesn't get it, nor will he ever get it.
BINGO!!!!
Old 07-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Yeas i am. Well, you seem to think shooting a buck that walks by first morning is no challenge.Getting a deer on the last day of season is not anymore of a challenge, it just happens that things work out different everytime. You ask what makes you happier with a big racked buck? I think everyone here would be happier to get a big racked buck. They are not as common or easy to get. Im sick of the i hunt for meat thing. I dont shoot "small"bucks, but i got 5 does last year and the Buck i got even had meat on it, it wasent all rack.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

There seems to ALWAYS be one of these threads going on here. Bicker, whine, cry, cry... "meat hunter" vs. "trophy hunter". [:'(] It certainly gets OLD! [:@]

Shut up and HUNT!
I guess atlas gets bored now and again. If he only practiced what he preached, instead of taking every shot he can at someone who passes on a buck, things might calm down and go away.

Atlas I have a question for you. Do you have a problem with catch and release fishermen? That whole movement got started the same way as people are trying to pass the word about passing on younger bucks.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I am a meat hunter, I get about twice as much meat out of a big ole hawg trophy class buck than a young one!

Quick Reply: Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.