Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters >

Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters

Old 07-02-2005, 02:33 PM

Default RE: Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters

What if it didn't?............then you don't shoot because it was no challenge and you don't want to miss out on the whole "whitetail" experience?
No man.............LOL....shoot..........SHOOT...Then SHOOT again....

For 99.9% of us that situation may happen once in a lifetime....................Heck I love a hard season......but if he is going to walk up to me blind deaf and dumb once every 30 yrs...................I will wack em for the team

And if someone has that happen to em every-year...........good for them - they are doing something right.(or something very wrong[][8D])...............won't effect what I consider a shooter
Old 07-02-2005, 03:26 PM

I've been a "trophy hunter" ever since I was in junior high. I've never really had any desire to shoot small bucks and/or immature animals. Thats just the way I've always been. I only want to harvest the biggest and oldest bucks that I can, if one dosent present itself then I would rather go home empty handed and fire up a steak.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:59 PM

tx,. come to wyoming and whitetail hunt on some public ground...see how many steaks u get to eat![X(]
Old 07-02-2005, 05:26 PM

Manboy, thats ok I love eating T-Bones.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:49 PM

TJF I saw one of, if not THE biggest whitetail I've ever seen in northern SD - that country has muleys and whitetails both and with the open prarie they grow huge. Not a great population when I hunted up there, but some HUGE bucks

TXhighrackWhy hell, when you got 'em all penned up with high fences why not wait and shoot the 'ol big boys ?

Old 07-02-2005, 10:10 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

datamax

That doesn't help me since I hunt quite a bit north of there in ND. They do have somehogs down there though. We had a mild winter with a lot of food for the deer. Maybe this is the year I can break 150. Seeing a lot of good bucks in my hunting area while scouting.3 of them tonight got the heart a pumping alittle. Ok I was just plain arse drooling. Come on Sept 1st!!

Say since a 150 classis a big buck up here, I suppose I don't qualify as a trophy hunter??
Old 07-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: datamax

define " young buck "

define " small bucks "

define " trophy bucks "

define "mature bucks "

Those are NOT universal definitions, they are personal ones, and THAT is why this QDM/Trophy hunting thing will never be for everyone
define " young buck " - kid who you can still buffalo with a straight face

define " small bucks " - what everybody else shoots

define " trophy bucks " - the one I just pulled the trigger on

define "mature bucks " a trophy buck whose antlers have suffered sever ground shrinkage
Old 07-03-2005, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no problem with trophy hunting or trophy hunters, until they start beating up on an older gent who just likes to hunt. I wait for bigger bucks myself but would congratulate the old guy on any legal buck he took. I think senior hunters should be permitted any deer of their choosing, no restriction. Yea, that's right, I said it.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no problem with trophy hunting or trophy hunters, until they start beating up on an older gent who just likes to hunt. I wait for bigger bucks myself but would congratulate the old guy on any legal buck he took.
Exactly!!! I believe thats what this thread was about.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

you came in starting by saying you didnt like how the trophy hunter treated the other guy, but its been just about the opposite here with you. It's now gotten to things like "shooting a buck on the first day is no challenge" Maybe i shouldent even go on the first day if thats the thining, and luck...It's a apart of hunting, so i wish people would quite going on about getting a big buck is luck. Its not, it's not shooting the first thing that walks by most of the time. Shoot what you want i dont care what you do.

Quick Reply: Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.