Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters >

Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters

Old 07-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters

Thats right Rack, i scout year around. I just dont go find some tree in the dark on the first day of season and hope for something to walk by. What is your deal anyway, you will shoot anything moving, and that's fine, but why are you trying to argue that shooting "trophy" bucks is wrong. If a monster buck walked in front of you on the first day of season are you saying you wouldent shoot it? If i get a large buck first day thats fine and great, because i still shoot does. And i could shoot a doe a day, but i actually try to look for a mature doe. One year when i was younger i happened to shoot two button bucks, i dont have to worry about doing that no more.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Datmax
Some people also believe 80 year's old and still ticking.
and that anorexic girls are hot.

anyhow, a one and a half year old buck is young. basket racks are usually small.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:57 PM

ya'll trophy hunters know that the vast majority of huge bucks killed are by blind luck, right ?

shuler44- wasn't the Hansen buck only a 3.5 year old youngling ? What the hell was Milo thinking shooting a "young" deer that wasn't "mature"

right ?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

rack if you do get a big buck walking by at 720 that shows how good you did scouting and now you can go shoot your gun for the next month
Old 07-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

err, data you like to make things up or something. I never said 3 and half was immature. Where do you get this stuff. I guess you could say almost all small bucks are killed by blind luck if you think most big ones are.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it is the challenge of taking a uncommon, elusive animal that is harder to hunt and takes more time, skill, dedication, and luck to get........then why on earth would you want that task made easier by increasing the number of big bucks out there??

Someone in NY or WI passing a young buck don't make a bit of difference for me or anyone else hunting here in Ohio or the rest of the country. Someone in SE Ohio passing the young bucks does not increase the number of big bucks on my farms that I hunteither. Others passing the bucks does not make it easier, you make it sound like if a few guys start passing young bucks that there will be a mature buck behind every tree.
Your reading too much into it and basing your opinion on your own personal hunting situation.
There are trophy hunters who beg , plead , and whine aboutletting small bucks pass so they can grow ,to anyone and everyone who will listen. I dont think anyone is doing that right here , right now , but it happens every year here. Especially by the trophy hunters who hunt public land. And YES , they do so in the belief that there will be more trophy bucks running around.Dont believe me? Do a search and look up wolfen68's posts.

Anyone who says they see more complaining (complaints about trophy hunters)from hunters who shoot small bucks , aren't paying attention. Again , do a search on "let em go so they can grow" etc. and you'll see.

It also appears that some peolple have been hearing what Atlas has been saying , but they haven't been listening to what he's saying. Like myself , he has no problem with trophy hunters who understand and except that everyone does their own thing. The problem lies with the folks who try and cram their personal hunting agenda down everyones throat , all for one reason , bigger antlers.

There are people here on both sides of the fence that I can agree with , and have alot in common with. Myself personally , I do get a great deal of enjoyment from letting small bucks meander underneath my stand , while thinking to myself , I could have had you buddy. But I also realize that I have that privelege , not only with good land , but with the experience of scouting and locating perfect stands that I have under my belt. There are alot of hunters that have been hunting alot longer than me that dont have that knowlege , from lack of obsessive dedication or whatever , who feel tickled pink to get a shot at any buck. Kudos to them if their having fun!

I also dont understand why anyone would shoot a small buck , but complain about it![&:]I haven't seen this myself , but if there are folks who shoot something that their not happy with , then I gotta question their reason for hunting.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:59 PM

I guess you could say almost all small bucks are killed by blind luck if you think most big ones are.
Its a fact most big bucks are killed by luck - the little ones ? Theres a heck of a lot more of them and they're stupider - right ? Anyone can kill a little buck, right ? But those old smart ones .......... no, they stumble most often or you and I would never even see them or know they existed during hunting season. I'd hazard to say 90% of the monster bucks taken were taken by guys who were not hunting big bucks and never knew that big boy existed in the same wood lot.

How can you feel all manly shooting a rut crazed buck chasing a doe ?
Old 07-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP, here we go again. Hunting season must be close. Len and I stopped posting pictures of any new deer after the last big goaround on QDM and the Ethics Posse. We now post non bloody, non discript, non deer photos. You just have to take our word for it that we were happy with it. In fact, I don't think we even say much about killing(oh... EXCUSE ME) "HARVESTING" a deer any more. Sheesh.[&:] The last post with pictures were the year before last. In one, Len was jumped on for shooting two nice 8 points and a doe within 20 seconds with the bow. He was also jumped on for shot selection. We were questioned as to size on some etc etc etc( all of which were legal bucks... BUT... you know People and the Ethics Posse. MInd you, all deer in question and questionable shot selection died within seconds.... but there are those who have to spout there crap so we just play by ourselves with our own toys now. Len put three of these on the ground last week, but you won't see a picture. [8D][8D][8D]So now we just do our thing and have a heck of a lot of fun. You'll have to take our word for what works for us if we tell you.... which we probably won't. Bows don't kill deer..... bowhunters do.

Old 07-01-2005, 07:27 PM

The guys b-tching about trophy hunting crack me up. Rut crazed buck!!!! LMAO
Old 07-01-2005, 07:29 PM

P.S love the pic davidmil. Thats a good one.

Quick Reply: Couple questions for "Trophy" hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.