Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How Far Would you shoot at An Animal? >

How Far Would you shoot at An Animal?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
1.00%
25.00%
37.00%
40+
37.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

How Far Would you shoot at An Animal?

Old 07-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How Far Would you shoot at An Animal?

allseason, if you're shooting any game at 60 yards with a bow, you need to find a better guide or take up bowling.[:@]
Old 07-02-2005, 08:40 PM

allseason, if you're shooting any game at 60 yards with a bow, you need to find a better guide or take up bowling.[:@]
On an Elk or Moose I would not hesitate to take a 60 yder - if it everything was right
Old 07-02-2005, 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

Coming from someone who's screen name is Sniper...
Old 07-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks washington and i never said i shoot 60 yds at targets or animals
Old 07-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why does it matter to you Data if I do or not? Why would you single me out over everyone else? Whats up yourass with Oneida? Just because they are ugly? Did you get screwed over by the previous owner of Oneida or something? Or is it that I support a high fenced ranch? Honestly, no I wouldn't. I don't trust my set up out past 25 yards. Yes, it may kill a deer, but I doubt I would get a pass through, and my arrow is too slow. By the time I shot and the arrow got there, the deer could have already turned 180 degrees, and I could gut shoot it, and the trophy be lost forever.I may be young, but I don't take bad shots.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

The reason Im finally answering is because I just now seen you were saying anything to me, Data. I just did a search on "Oneida" and I seen you had a problem with Oneida, so I thought I would address it.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Buckhunter 17

for me it depends on how big the animal is. last year i never shot over 25 yards. but if it is a monster buck and i know he isn't coming any closer...i will probably take the shot if it's offered.

Zach
Not trying to bust your hoo-haas, but thats not the right approach. It shouldnt matter how big, or if its a buck or doe. Respect the animal, and only take shots you are comfortable with, and which you are certain you can make a clean quick kill.

By the way, my range varies. I feel comfortable out to about 50, (practice to 75-80)but my setup isnt producing enough KE out there,. So I keep it under approx. 35 yards.Probably 90% ofmy shots are under 15 yards anyhow.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: davidmil

Iknow but it doesn't matter. Whatever the distance is.... it's MY distance. Yours probably is or should be entirely different. No way do I think I should impose my standards on anyone else. It might handicap them or exceed their practical limits. Those limits are not only distance but also moral and ethical... which is again different than mine. To me a deer is a deer .... to some they're Gods... to others they're targets.... to others they're pests. We have to decide and calulate our own limitations. Those limitations will change with time, conditions, etc. And as the man said, "A man's got to know his limitations".[8D]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh so true what words of wisdom you put forth. Finally someone I can relate to you shoot what you shoot because you can. 50 years from now when bows will be faster, lighter hunters will beshooting 100yds and some will complain about guys shooting 120yds.[/blockquote]
Old 07-23-2005, 07:33 PM

50 yds for a deer, no prob
Old 07-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

I would say the furthest shot i would take would be in the 20-25 yards range. I just started shooting not to long ago so i still dont got my shots down packed. Out at 20 yards im hitting inside a 2" circle (With broadheads) but i never get to practice out at 30 because i dont have the space behind my house. But i get my drivers license in 2 days and im going to start going to an outdoor range that has targets out up to 80 yards. [8D]

Quick Reply: How Far Would you shoot at An Animal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.