HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   How many Bowkills do you average (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/103901-how-many-bowkills-do-you-average.html)

MasterBlaster 06-26-2005 01:37 PM

How many Bowkills do you average

I am just curios for you guys with at least a few years of experience. How many big game animals do you take each year with your bow?
I’ve only bow hunted 4 years and average 2 or 3 kills including deer and pigs (mostly pigs though). I know that many of you are fortunate enough to travel out of state/country so I would imagine that your numbers would be up there.

Tuffbroadhead 06-26-2005 01:42 PM

RE: How many Bowkills do you average

I 'm lucky enough to have several spots to hunt, I usally take my limit of deer, but usally only one buck, and four doe. Then I usally tag out on four turkeys, two during deer season (hens) and two during spring season (Toms), during the rest of the year I keep the whole neigborhood stocked up with as many hogs as I can whack.... heck sometimes I just give the meat to the Mexican ranch hands for there families in Mexico...

zak123 06-26-2005 02:18 PM

I don't see a box for 0. :D

Paul L Mohr 06-26-2005 02:39 PM

I don't see where this is going to tell you much considering every state is different. Some states you can only harvest one deer per season, bow or gun.

I can take more in MI, but I usually only take one deer a season. If I don't get one during bow season I take one with my muzzle loader during gun season. I don't have a need for more than that. I may try to get a doe with my bow and a buck with my this coming season. I will probably just give one to a friend or donate it.

I don't hunt very much compared to others though.

Paul

cardeer 06-26-2005 03:25 PM

I have gotten less each year since I became disabled and dont have a place to hunt most the time.SoI'm going down hill

Shootstuff4570 06-26-2005 03:43 PM

i only bowhunted one year and didnt get anything so i cant answer

Tuffbroadhead 06-26-2005 04:20 PM

All the critters I harvest go into my freezers, its what we eat all through the year...we dont buy very much meat from the store..... its better to harvest it..

Washington Hunter 06-26-2005 05:27 PM

Let's see... One year...One harvest... One animal average...

Not too bad, right? :D

Rick James 06-26-2005 07:37 PM

I average at least one, now that I hunt multipe states I usually get two though.

Jollyarcher 06-26-2005 08:35 PM

PA offers one buck tag and in most cases, if you submit your application promptly, one doe tag per licensed hunter. Bonus doe tags and "Red" tag zones in agricultural areas allowed a hunter to obtain additional doe tags, which I personally opt not to purchase.

With work and family obligations,traveling out of PA to hunt during most seasons is not possible for me, but I have been fortunate to take bothgood bucks and mature does with archery tackle over the last8 years.

Hunting PA has become more challanging over the last few seasons, mainly due to increased pressure, land postings and overharvesting does (IMHO), but a dedicated bow hunter can still find opportunites here to fill both tags. A recent antler point restriction law has served us well, allowingthe average 1.5 year old "harvested" bucks to grow older.