Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What kind of climber do you use or recommend? >

What kind of climber do you use or recommend?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What kind of climber do you use or recommend?

Old 06-25-2005, 10:14 PM

Default What kind of climber do you use or recommend?

I've used hang on tree stands.This year I want to get my first climber.Which one would be easy for a beginner?I'm looking at safety first,then one that's quiet and comfortable.Thanks
Old 06-25-2005, 10:24 PM

Default RE: What kind of climber do you use or recommend?

take a look at the north starr line. very safe. quiet. and very very lite to carry. they are on top when it comes to that .
Old 06-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

There are plenty of good Summit Stands. Their the #1 stand for a good reason, very quite, comfortable, and safe. They have the goliath for bigger people, backpacker for one that folds flat, and the viper. You can get them with or without a front bar. I can sit in it all day without getting uncomfortable.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:01 PM

I like Summit climbers. They are safe, Quiet And easy to set up. They also come with a safety harness.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

By far the best I have ever been on is BUCK SHOT Tree stand Absolutely the best. You can face away from the tree or facing the tree which is my favorite way to sit. Most comfortable to me and best safest out there to me. I love it.

They have many different brands and you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't look them up and take a look.

Good luck

Brian
Old 06-26-2005, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I currently use a Summit Revolution as my primary stand. However they no long produce it. The closest current model is the Python if memory serves me. If I were to suggest one to someone it would be their latest version of the Viper model. Definitely worth the price.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

I use the Lone Wolf hand climber, it's extremly lite and quite, I can stalk while wearing it.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use the summit viper x4. i really like it. like others said about the buckshots, with the summit you can face towards or away from the tree. it's also very light and easy to climb. very comfortable too.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:18 PM

i second the buck shot.....it is by far the safest climber out there....it is a little heavier than most but it doesn't use cables...it has a solid metal arm with teeth on both sides so u can hunt....i can jump up and down in that thing and have it not even budge....safety rail that goes all the way around too gives u more of a comfortable feel too.....def look into them
Old 06-26-2005, 02:23 PM

I've been using the Summit line of climber but would be interested in trying a Lone Wolf. I've heard alot of good things about them.

Quick Reply: What kind of climber do you use or recommend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.