Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Its going to be a great season! >

Its going to be a great season!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Its going to be a great season!

Old 06-25-2005, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Default Its going to be a great season!

Not in terms of shooting a huge buck(although shooting one would be nice). While reading many posts from here, magazine articles, tv shows, etc., I realize how lucky I am. I still have some private property to hunt for free(not lots but some quality land), access to nearby public land, and realizing my first and most likely the only western state hunt I will go on(again on public land). As I get older I really appreciate the opportunities more each year, and no matter how I fare its gonna be another year that I can enjoy in the woods doing something that gives me a great feeling and memories. Here it is, only June 25th and I am getting pumped already! Yeehaw!

Pardon me for the emotional outburst, but ain't it great to be a hunter, especially a bowhunter!!!!!!!! Ok, too much coffee this morning, but I don't care.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Its going to be a great season!

It's alright Coug, you wouldn't be a true bowhunter without some of those "outbursts" every now and then. I'm ready too.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very lucky
Old 06-25-2005, 10:13 AM

Very lucky indeed. I'm looking at purchasing some land in the next month or so got my eyes on about 100 acres of good bottom land with plenty of hardwoods and limited access so Ihope to be lucky as well.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand how you feel completely. Trust me.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep!
Old 06-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Outfitters and several high dollar leases have began to take over my areas forcing us to buy a tract just to make sure we at least have one place to hunt on any given season. I have lost thousands of acres of access in just the last few years! Good luck to all of ya
Old 06-25-2005, 07:05 PM

Cougar - I drew a special Colorado mule deer tag, coupling it with an elk hunt, going to Kansas on a bowhunt and hunting around Arkansas .......... my life, and wife and family are very giving to me in what I'm allowed to do. I'm very lucky and try my best not to overlook it and take it all for granted
Old 06-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Ill. Cornfed, I haven't had to worry about outfitters yet, but leasing is gaining ground in my area. Fortunately I have some small tracts to hunt, but I don't have them completely to myself. There are actually a few landowners around here that won't lease ground, saying they don't feel right about it, but its not easy gaining permission either.

Yep Data, we should all feel fortunate that most of us have our family's blessing when taking time in the outdoors.

Eagleone, good luck on purchasing that 100 acres.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coug, I know how you feel. I can't wait for another year. Last year I only go two does but drawing down on them and watching that arrow fly true and following that blood trail and being up 20 feet in a tree. What it better than that. I love my bow hunting along with my handgun hunting. Two very difficult ways to do things but its most rewarding to me

I passed on a couple bucks last year that my club members said I was crazy to do. They are the type of people that feel if its a buck its down and I have been trying to educate them but not working, or atleast right now its not but I don't give up very easily. But I just tell them if we are all out and we push up a spike don't expect me to shoot it. I don't and they don't like it but its MY way. These are a great bunch of guys that I love to hand out with during season and feels like a family to me which I enjoy very much. I can't wait till we start up our meeting again so we can get together.

Summer is short in NJ so it will be fall before we know it then its time.

I am expecting my first child any week now as we are over 36 weeks in. Its a girl and I am extatic beyond belief. If she is anything like her father she will be joining me in the woods in the future.

WOW what a rant.

Its not that far away guys. Yehaw.

Brian

Quick Reply: Its going to be a great season!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.