Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you shoot with your quiver on? >

Do you shoot with your quiver on?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you shoot with your quiver on?

Old 06-23-2005, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Do you shoot with your quiver on?

I use a detachable quiver when i am tree stand hunting but take it off when i get into the tree. for ground hunting i put another reciever for my quiver on my back pack and put my quiver on it. i do not like taking chances. the wind is what will affect your shooting if you have a quiver on not to mention more brush ect.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:33 AM

mine comes off, here is what I am getting ready to purchase though

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=54620&hvarTarget=sea rch&cmCat=SearchResults
Old 06-23-2005, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Like others, I take off the quiver once I am settled in to my Summit Viper 20-22' up in a tree. It's just for comfort, ease, and added mobility.

Butch A.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a hip quiver or cat quiver for long hikes. I don't care for the balance problem associated with a bow quiver.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I remove mine when I get to my stand. Normally I dont shoot with it on , but I'll take a few shots with it on to make sure everything works great ,in case I find a stalking situation on the way to my stand.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

I remove mine when I get to my stand. Normally I dont shoot with it on , but I'll take a few shots with it on to make sure everything works great ,in case I find a stalking situation on the way to my stand.
Same here. I take it off when I`m in the stand but I practice with it on and off just in case I was to walk up on one of thecritters I would be able to accurately hit my target ether way.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never have mine on. I have a backback from Bass pro that holds it. I never felt comfortable shooting with a quiver on.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:27 AM

Most of my hunting is stalk and spot hunting for mule deer. As a result, it's always attached. Occaisionally, I hunt from ground blinds at water holes. If the spaces is confined, I will remove it--otherwise it stays on. I practice with quiver both on and off. While it does impact balance of the bow, I have not perceived the balance affecting point of impact, even at long range.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:36 AM

I take mine off. I only use it to get the arrows to my stand. I only have a three arrow quiver as well.

If you are going to shoot with a quiver on, I would suggest tuning the bow with it on as well. Sometimes it makes a difference, sometimes it doesn't.

Paul
Old 06-23-2005, 09:45 AM

When I had a quiver I practiced with it but hunted without it

Quick Reply: Do you shoot with your quiver on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.