HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Let's see a pic of you at full draw! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/103251-lets-see-pic-you-full-draw.html)

ButchA 06-18-2005 10:40 AM

Let's see a pic of you at full draw!

Here is me just about 15 minutes ago outside in the corner of my yard near my dad's old classic '59 Sears/David Bradley garden tractor (yes it still runs and is fully restored by me - and is now my pride and joy). [8D]

I am aiming at the big pine tree centered in the middle of the backyard, exactly 20 yards away. My wife is carefully standing on the back porch stoop, obviously safely out of the way, but able to take a picture of me.

1996 PSE Precision Edge 1000C bow (I have named her "Patsy" after Patsy Cline. It's a classic old round wheel dual cam bow - maybe 230fps... I love this old bow. 65# draw weight, 65% letoff, and 30" draw length.)
Easton XX75 #2315 Camo Hunter arrow with 125gr field tip, resting on a lefty TM Hunter arrow rest.
Not seen: Tru-fire magnum wrist strap release.

Also, my left hand index finger's knuckle is right underneath my left ear lobe. Shurz-a-peep peep site is right there squarely in position right up close near the left lens of my glasses. My right eye is closed as you can see. I just can't seem to shoot with both eyes open. My right hand (bow hand) is relaxed on the grip/riser and only my right thumb and index finger are applying pressure to hold the bow steady.

What do you think of this shooting form?

Butch A.

psychowolverine 06-18-2005 10:44 AM

RE: Let's see a pic of you at full draw!

You may want to send that pic to jeff foxworthy for his red neck yard of week skit he does on blue collar comedy.

ButchA 06-18-2005 10:50 AM

Oh and here is the result of the shot (after my wife took the photo of me....)

Bullseye!!! right into "The Black Hole" target at 20 yds. [8D]

Butch A.

psychowolverine 06-18-2005 10:53 AM

If you say so. Took some pushing to get it in there huh?

ButchA 06-18-2005 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: psychowolverine
If you say so. Took some pushing to get it in there huh?
NOT!!! Ask my wife.... I got yelled at during the photo (don't you let go with that... :eek:) Then as soon as she went into the house, I carefully lined up the 20 yd pin and let it fly. I have ruined fletchings and arrow nocks by shooting a few arrows at 20 yds. My old bow "Patsy" ain't the fastest thing in the world, but she is deadly accurate!

Butch A.

MOTOWNHONKEY 06-18-2005 11:13 AM

Take the day off and clean up that yard. Take the next day to practice proper fourm, and then post a new pic.

bwhunter501 06-18-2005 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Take the day off and clean up that yard. Take the next day to practice proper fourm, and then post a new pic.
Whats ur problem?[:-]

zak123 06-18-2005 12:00 PM

You guys need to shut up.[:@] ButchA that's pretty cool how you can be that accurate with a bow like that. I see nothing wrong with your forum, but I am not good at judging it. I also like that tractor. I remember reading the story you posted about it.

psychowolverine 06-18-2005 12:08 PM

Hey motown
Take a day off to learn to spell. Its form not fourm.

VAhuntr 06-18-2005 12:14 PM

It is spelledform, not fourm:)! Lighten up some!