Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all.... >

Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all....

Old 06-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all....

NOT

I shot it with a complete open mind. I went into it with the mentality, "Well, if I like it, I will give the BowTechs a look the next time Im in the market for a bow." You may not believe it, by the way I talk about Oneida's, but Im serious.

Shot an 05 Old Glory with the new Binary Cams. All I can say is, it doesn't hold a candlestick to my Monster Bows Black Eagle. I didnt like the draw AT ALL. Yeah it was smooth, but wasn't near as smooth as my BE. It had a definite hump at the let off compared to my BE where there is little to no hump. I could feel the shot, it kinda jumped and vibrated. It was SMOKIN fast, but speed isnt everything. Although, if it wasnt for me, he may not have known it had a cracked limb. So, it complete honesty, I did not like it. It was definitely wasnt nothing to write home about.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all....

This is what resulted from the first shot. The draw was about 2 inches two long and I didnt think about my arm being in too far... EDIT: All my fault. Not the bow's. The reason Im showing this picture is because I've never had it happen this bad, and just thought I would show it off. Again, not the bows fault, this had nothing to do with whether I liked the bow or not. All my fault.

Old 06-16-2005, 09:33 PM

Yea, it's tough learning how to stand up and urinate when you sat down your whole life. [:-]
Old 06-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

Err, so you say it is the glory's fault you got your arm?
Your info makes me laugh
Old 06-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, I never said that. It was my fault I got my arm.I wasnt paying any attention to my arm when I shot. The draw was too long for me, and it slipped my mind. It didnt slip my mind the resulting shots though. Go back and read my posts. I never once said it was the bows fault. It was all me.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

alrighty it happens to the best of them. I did that like 3 times in one day when i got my first bow. bad times!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:27 PM
c j
Typical Buck

If you didn't like the BowTech, you didn't like it - that's fine by me.

- but -

to be fair, don't you think it would have felt better (smoother draw, etc.) had you shot it at the proper draw length? I've always found it to be very uncomfortable and awkward when shooting a bow with a draw length that's way too long. just my 2 cents.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to sound like a jackass, but....How could that have made the draw smoother, less of a hump at let off, and the vibration any different?It may, but I dont see how that would change. Yeah, it would be alot easier to shoot, but I didnt judge how good I shot with it, because I knew it wasnt set up for me. Just so happened, the draw weight as the same exact as mine, 54#.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:49 PM

Who are "Monster Bows" and what have they done to the Black Eagle.
I'm not in the market for a new bow, just curious.
I am definitely wanting to give an Oneida a try. I love the way they look.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Monster bows is a enhancement company...not a extension of CPO. they are a performance and custom archery shop. They build custom bows/strings/cables/super tuning/machine shop and offer custom camo dipping: Oneidas are not the only bows they specialize in....anything that shoots a arrow is under their umbrella. long story short they’re like a hot rod shop for your bow. Mike Schuch and Bob Beneteau are the owners and engineers for Monster Bows L.L.C. They can take an Oneida Stealth and rebuild it (because of the previous owners of Oneida stupidity, but thats another story.) to get 330fps out of one.

My Black Eagle is really a mutt. The riser is from a Black Eagle, the limbs and cams are from a Pro Eagle, and the handle grip is from a Stealth Eagle. If you want to get a hold of them I can give you their email, (and anyone for that matter). They can give you alot better response about what they do, and they will be MORE than happy to answer any questions you have.

Quick Reply: Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.