Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How does a no-peep work >

How does a no-peep work

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How does a no-peep work

Old 06-08-2005, 10:18 PM

Default How does a no-peep work

Can you guys explain it to me?
Old 06-08-2005, 11:05 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Default RE: How does a no-peep work

I'm not sure how well I can explain it, but I'll try.

It's similar to a scope on a rifle, except that you don't look *through* it. You just look *at* it. When you look at it *right*, there are rings like a bullseye. The idea is to line up the rings perfectly. If you don't look through a scope just right, you see 'black' around the edges. If the No-Peep isn't set just right - or, rather, if your eye isn't in the perfect spot (your proper anchor point) - you won't see the rings in it.

So, you set it up so that when you draw back and anchor properly you glance at it and you see the rings line up like a bullseye. If you are torquing your wrist or you have the anchor point wrong, you won't see the rings show up on the No-Peep. It's ultra-sensitive and works very well, IMO.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Just bought one. I liked the peep but I was losing too much light during magic hour and couldn't get a good focus on the pins. The No-Peep takes some fine tuning but once it's dialed in, I find it to be quite natural. I don't constantly look back-and-forth, as some have warned. But I use a Trophy Ridge with a level, so I'm used to adjusting with peripheral vision. I've got an elk hunt planned for September and I'm looking forward to using it in dark timber.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

This first pic gives you an idea on what a typical setup looks like.Some people have their NP set in different locations on the riser.It all depends on your setup,draw length,anchor etc.Just place it where you feel comfortable.

This is what it will look like as you are at full draw and looking into the NP through your pheriphial vision.If you have a consistent anchor all the time,you will notice you wont be looking into it on a regular basis.I am sorry about the quality of the pics,but sure hope it gives you an idea on how this works.

As stated above,the NP is very tedious on setting up.When setup properly you will love it and all the advantages it provides to you.
Check out www.timberline-archery.com and it will explain everything to you in full detail.
I hope this helps,and maybe someone here can provide some more info for you
Old 06-10-2005, 12:27 AM

oh ok thanks just curious how it worked.