Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ask permission to hunt letter >

Ask permission to hunt letter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ask permission to hunt letter

Old 06-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ask permission to hunt letter

That #7 looks a bit too open---you gonna paint the house,mow the lawn,plant a garden, groom the pets,well you get the idea.
How about re-roofing a house? You be the judge of what is too much. My hubby (Idahoelkinstructor) and his friends and 2 brothers offered to re-roof a house if the owner bought the supplies. If it's a great place to hunt then go the extra mile -- or 10!!!! It can pay in the long run. Taking a daughter out for Prom???? Definately a bit much.... although maybe not so much for Datamax!!! [][:'(] [:-][:-]
Old 06-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zak123

Go up to his door and ask. This will do more than a letter will.
yeah you'll probably make a better impression on him by doing this. also ask if there's anything that you can do to help around the farm or if they would like some meat or anything. a good landowner relationship can mean good hunting for a while.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

Especially with the older gentleman! I have two landowners that I "MUST" allow 2-3 hours per visit cause they will absolutely talk my ear off. They have to show me that old John Deere tractor....that old lawn mower they've been working on since 1985...it doesn't end. he, he
Old 06-09-2005, 09:54 PM

i hunt a farm atbout 15 min from my house and almost after every time i go hunting i usually stop and help him with chorus even when he doesnt ask me 2 and i got him a good deal on a truck (uncle owns 2 dealerships) and he doesnt have much time to hunt and he is like me will only shot and big 2 and a half or bigger but he loves meat so i had a nice doe come by that i shot and used my tag on andlet him have the whole thing he did the meat more than i did and even during the of season if he ever needs anyhelp he can just call and i will do all i can to go help but it is kind of hard with school i am only 16 and work but i make time to go help him during season or out of season